Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Lush Addict: Shampoo Bars

So being the obsessive Lush Addict that I am I thought I'd start doing a little series about all the Lush products I love, beginning with a look at their shampoo bars.

What do you know about: Solid Shampoo?
Picture from Lush website
All shampoo bars £5
Godiva shampoo bar with conditioner £6
Jungle conditioner £2.95
Shampoo bar tin £2.50


The idea of a solid shampoo intrigued me so a while ago I decided to have a little nosey at them in the shop and they do have quite a decent range. 
I opted for the karma komba which claims to reduce knots, which have always been an issue for me. I brought mine probably about a year ago, it was green with a little dried flower on the top and I admit I was initially a bit skeptical of the product but it lathers up incredibly well when you start rubbing it in your hands or directly onto your wet hair. It lasts for ages and I really mean ages I did have a rather long break from it as I wanted to have pink and blue bits in my hair for a while and I would imagine this product would strip the dye out even more quickly than normal shampoos.
Karma Komba
 After a lot of use it tends to flatten out into a wider circle so i'm not sure how much use the tin would be. 
The scent is lovely unlike some of the other ones I smelt in store (Soak and Float and Seanik) and it did make my hair a lot less knotted, the only criticism I have is that is a tad drying so a good conditioner is advised. Its really great if you've been quite product heavy because it does really cleanse the hair and leave it feeling natural and light. Now that I'm taking a break from dying bits of hair random colours I will start using this again to alternate with my John freida radiant red shampoo and I'd love to try some of the other versions they have especially the glittery Ultimate Shine one as that looks and smells divine. I initially thought £5 was a bit pricey considering how small it is but it's worth the money as it does really last. 
I wouldn't advise these if you have unnatural colours in your hair as I'm not sure how they'd get on with the dye so it's best to ask about this issue to someone in your local Lush.

Has anyone tried any of the other Shampoo Bars?

: ]


All pictures from the Lush website

5 comments:

  1. I love Lush Shampoo Bars as well. I always go for Seanik xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im a lush addict, i love all the skincare and soap bars but ive never tried the shampoo bars. deffinatly going to have to give them a go :)
    great review
    robyn xoxo

    purpleponiesandcandyclouds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like ur post.becz i got lol of information from ur blog. Hair Curling

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seanik and ultimate shine, they are really unique! I also love Lush, please check out my blog as i do lots of Lush review :) ive followed! :D http://blackhairbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lush products but I've not tried any of their shampoo bars yet! Will have a proper look at them when I'm next in store :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...