Wednesday, 22 February 2012

My Day To Day Skin Care Routine

I always remove my make-up with a face wipe, at the minute I'm using these Loreal ones because they were on offer in Sainsburys,  they are quite nice but I generally prefer Simple ones.
I then hop in a lovely warm bath or shower and let the steam open up my pores before using one of two cleansers:
Firstly we have Ocean Salt from Lush, it was the first ever lush product I brought, I decided to try it after reading about it on Audrey Kitching's blog about a year ago and it was instant love. I used to use it once or twice a week because it used to be quite harsh and the grains of salt especially at the top of the pot were quite big and had a tendency to scratch, but they have since (after a few complaints I think) made the grains a lot smaller and I use it every other day as its possibly a bit too harsh for everyday usage. The smell is divine; grapefruit, lime, vodka and salt it's pretty much a cocktail for your skin, just try not to get it on your lips as it's obviously rather salty, I expected it to be quite drying but it's not at all, it's £6.75 a pot which is really reasonable as it lasts for ages, I would highly recommend it.
I was looking for a face wash to alternate with my Ocean Salt for a while and as Soap and Glory were on offer for 3 for 2 in Boots I decided to try their Face Soap for £7.00, which is absolutely lovely; it smells great, it looks great, it makes my face feel so refreshed and its another product that I can see lasting a good while as you only really need a tiny amount.
After washing off my face wash with warm water I give it a quick splash of cold water to close my pores back up.



The Simple Moisturiser I've been using for a while, I wouldn't say it's particularly fantastic but it does what it's supposed to and at £3.79 it doesn't break the bank.
I brought the Soap And Glory Clear Here Moisture Lotion in the 3 for 2 promotion and absolutely love it, it moisturises my skin without weighing it down or making it feel greasy and for someone who has oily skin in places and dry patches in others that is no mean feat. The only thing that could maybe improve this product would be a larger size as it is relatively small considering it's £9, I can't see it lasting too long but I will definitely repurchase.
I use the Simple Moisturiser after using the Face Soap and the Clear Here after using the Ocean Salt, I originally intended to use the Soap and Glory products together but found that using both made my skin feel quite tight. 
I can honestly say I've seen an improvement in my skin since introducing the Soap and Glory products into my routine and would highly encourage people to make the most of the current 3 for 2 offer in Boots, the other product I brought was a self heating mask but I haven't got round to trying it yet. 

: ]



3 comments:

  1. I really want to try some of the Soap and Glory skincare range, as I already love the bath stuff so I expect it to be good!! x

    http://b-j-s-t.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the blog award lovely! :)
    'Ocean Salt' sounds really good, I love Lush products! I will have to give it a try!

    Caroline x
    carolinescatwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved ocean salt too! i'm happy they made the salt smaller as it's never fun to get your face scratched, haha. and it's funny that you mentioned to make sure it doesn't get on your lips -- the very first time i used ocean salt, i made that mistake and yep, it was very salty, haha! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Udderly Smooth Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...