Saturday, 10 March 2012

Lush Addict: Skin

King Of Skin Body Butter £4.95
This is a fairly new product to me as I've only used it a few times so I'm not sure whether I'm all that fond of it, the smell is a bit hard to describe but it reminds of some kind of biscuit I just can't figure out which but it is a really lovely scent. I've only used in in the bath so far, so this may be why I'm finding it hard to get on with but you smooth it on wet skin then rinse it off, now the first part is no trouble but the rinsing part can be somewhat difficult. It coats your skin in a greasy coating that really doesn't want to come off once its on. The first time I used it I thought maybe it soaks in as you dry off but it really didn't and I really had to scrub with a towel to get it off which is perhaps not the desired result. After the faff of getting it off I must say my skin was lovely and soft and the nice biscuity smell lingered for a good few hours, so I'm not dismissing it yet and I will be trying it in the shower from now on in the hopes that it may be  easier to rinse off than in the bath. Another slightly disappointing factor is that they really don't seem to last very long  as they melt quickly in your hands so if you're planning on using it every day you may get through quite a few.
Shimmy Shimmy £4.00
I currently have two of these from gift boxes and I love them, basically you warm it up a bit in your hands then rub it all over bits you want to make shimmery like your shoulders, it is so simple to use and creates a lovely iridescent shimmer on your skin which only really shows when the light hits it so it's not an overpowering blinding kind of glittery coating but a pleasant shimmer for a night out or just a walk to the shops if your having a particularly dull day that need brightening. so if your big kid at heart or just a glitter addict like me then you're sure to love these and for £4 they make a lovely little unusual gift and they will last for a very long time.
Charity Pot sample size £1.00
I picked this up at the counter with some other purchases and I'm quite glad I did, it smells lovely, it's the perfect size to fit in your handbag to rescue your skin during the cold months and all the money from the sale of this product goes to charity. I only use this on my hands as they do get really dry in the winter and it's lasting really well, it also soaks in quickly which is great for when your out and about and it leaves skin feeling really soft and lovely.

Have you tried any of Lush's body butters if so I'd love to read some reviews of their others that you think are great.

: ]




5 comments:

  1. The Shimmy Shimmy sparkly things look really interesting, they sound so much fun :P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to pick up Shimmy Shimmy for ages! Sounds perfect for nights out :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just the right amount of sparkle : ]

      Delete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...