Thursday, 24 May 2012

NOTD: Barry M Blue Magnetic Polish


Despite being a bit disappointed with how my first attempt at using magnetic nail varnish turned out (see the black version of this polish here) when I saw this lovely blue shade in Boots I decided to give them another shot and I'm very glad I did. This time the effect appeared as soon as I hovered the magnet above the nail and really stood out, the colour isn't quite as dark as my photo makes out it's a dark blue with the pale blue pattern. You only need two coats and I was very pleased with how opaque the colour is from just one coat, you could definitely just wear one coat of the blue if you didn't fancy the pattern as the shade is a lovely metallic blue on its own. I've also found that this polish seems to stay chip free a lot longer than most polishes but that may be perhaps due to the fact you apply it in two thin coats (I do have a tendency to go a bit overboard with most polishes and apply a few too many coats).
These polishes are available from Superdrug and Boots for £4.99 and come in four different colours with each producing it's own specific pattern, I may have to pick up the red and purple ones but I really shouldn't.


Have you tried these polishes yet?

: ]

6 comments:

  1. I really want to try these out but I'm not a fan of normal Barry M nail polishes and don't want to waste my money. But this pattern is so cool :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be a bit hit and miss but this one is good
      : ]

      Delete
  2. looks like ur nails are dented!so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this navy blue Barry M magnetic nail polish and I absolutely love it. Definitely want the other different colours it comes in so I can mix and match the magnetics in the lids!

    http://robinsparkles1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I know this is off topic but I was wondering if you knew
    of any widgets I could add to my blog that automatically
    tweet my newest twitter updates. I've been looking for a plug-in like this for quite some time and was hoping maybe you would have some experience with something like this. Please let me know if you run into anything. I truly enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your new updates. Check out my website to get more info about work from home, if you like.
    Also visit my web-site :: related site

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...