Tuesday, 22 May 2012

Review- Bourjois 1 Second Nail Varnish Remover



There's been a lot of hype surrounding this product and after seeing loads of positive reviews I had to try it for myself and I was pleased to find it was every bit as good as the reviews promised. The product itself is not a new idea and there are other, cheaper, nail varnish removers that work in the same way, so what sets this apart from the rest.
I think one of the main reasons this is so popular is the fact it doesn't leave your nails stinking of chemicals, the product itself smells pretty much the same as all removers but it leaves a nice berry scent on your nails, the formula also contains nourishing sweet almond oil to leave your nails feeling healthy.
 

I have a tendency to apply varnish quite liberally and the nail pictured above has at least 5 coats of polish so it would have been a real miracle if it could remove that in one second, I'd say if you were wearing 2 to 3 thin coats of polish that this remover could leave your nail spotless in about 2 to 3 seconds. 
The second picture shows my nail after around about 4 seconds and the third picture is after about 6 or 7 seconds which is a hell of a lot quicker than any remover I've tried before and I love that it leaves the nail completely spotless as it can be really irritating to remove stubborn bits from the edges of your nails with cotton wool. As the Models Own Indian Ocean polish I was wearing has a glittery finish to it I was fairly impressed at how quickly and easily it disappeared, I am yet to try it with a proper glitter polish but I have seen reviews claiming that it tackles these just as easily but takes a little longer. A pot of this miracle product costs £4.99, I'm not sure how long the product will last but the pot is about the height of a small Lush shower gel and twice the width so I'm fairly hopeful about how long it will last. Considering how much easier it makes removing even the most stubborn of polishes I'm more than happy to part with a fiver and it's definitely something I'll repurchase in the future.


: ]


1 comment:

  1. Just the other day I was takng off a glitter polish and it was such a chore! Think I may have to get some of this, so handy and great if you are clumsy like me and always knock bottle of stuff everywhere!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...