Monday, 11 June 2012

Review/Rave- Lush Big Shampoo


 Big Shampoo



So Pete brought me this a couple of weeks ago and now that I've had chance to use it a few times I thought I'd do a review on it. I smelt this in the shop and it didn't smell all that pleasant but as I'd read quite a lot of great reviews I decided to give it a go and it actually leaves my hair smelling absolutely lovely for ages afterwards. 
The texture is a little bit odd and it doesn't look too great but I scooped out a small handful and started to massage it through my wet hair,  I was really pleased with how well it foamed and despite the large amount of salt it didn't feel too gritty upon application. After rinsing my hair felt very clean and fresh smelling it also didn't fade the pink dye on my ends too much but it did leave the ends feeling quite dry due to the salt so a good conditioner is advised after usage.
It also really lived up to its name, I like to let my hair dry naturally which results in messy waves but I'm always after something to give it a bit more volume and after using this my hair looked and felt soft, light and big with no need to whip out the hair dryer and its volumising powers even lasted whilst I slept meaning I can wake up to lovely big hair that requires little more than a brush and spritz of hairspray before I'm ready to leave the house.
This has become my favourite shampoo and possibly favourite hair care product altogether, it's rare to find a product that so accurately lives up to it's product description but this ticked all the boxes it's volumising, leaves your hair smelling great and resulted in virtually knot free hair which is pretty big deal for my unruly hair which I often have difficulty raking a comb through whilst wet. 
Being the Lush addict I am, I'm surprised that it's taken me so long to try this I suppose I was just put off by the smell, which against the overwhelming sweet scent of the bombs and soaps, can smell a little bit odd but trust me it smells 100 times better on your hair.  I will definitely repurchase this as I can find literally no fault with it other than perhaps it's price, at £10.95 it's more than I would normally be willing to pay for a shampoo but I'm hoping as the pots are quite hefty it will last long enough to justify the price. 


Have you tried this or any of Lush's other shampoos?
: ]

6 comments:

  1. I've never tried this but I really want to, I also want to try one of the shampoo bars :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shampoos bars are quite quite good and they last ages I've had the Karma one before
      : ]

      Delete
  2. i always go to try this then decide against it because of the salt and how drying it is on your hair. i might give it a go though :)great review
    robyn xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review, this looks good, I haven't seen it in their stores but I guess I haven't really been looking. How long do you think it will last before you need to repurchase??

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure but the pots are 330g so they're pretty hefty I'm hoping it'll last at least two months

      Delete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...