Saturday, 21 July 2012

Emotional Brilliance

Emotional Brilliance, Liquid Lipstick, Cream Eyeshadow Liners, Liquid Eyeliners
Last night I spent the evening in my local Lush (Merry Hill) for a VIP event to celebrate the launch of their Emotional Brilliance make-up range. I'd seen a few blog posts floating around from people who were lucky enough to get  sent samples of the range and I was pretty excited.
The main idea behind the range is to dress to suit your emotion or personality rather than picking your usual go to colours. To tie in with this idea they have come up with a fun little game where you have to spin a wheel filled with all the colours from the range and dry ice in the middle to make it look awesome (I'm a sucker for dry ice). You close your eyes and when the wheel stops spinning you pick the first three colours which you are drawn to and these are supposed to tell you about how you are currently feeling. The first colour indicates your strength or weakness, the second is your subconscious need and the third is your talent, I picked a dark metallic teal which was Motivation, a pink which was bubbly and another pink/peach which was perspective. I absolutely adored the colour of motivation and it is my favourite colour in the entire range so I must be really motivated. 
There are 30 colours in the Emotional Brilliance range as well as their new Desert Island range which includes a mascara, translucent powder, bronzer and anti aging tint. I was more interested by the Emotional Brilliance range so didn't pay too much attention to these products, I did give them a quick swatch and quite liked the powder which is cheaper than most of the products at £12.00 and I may end up purchasing this in the future as my current powder is a little dark/orange for my skin tone.
All colours are supposed to be multi use products so although a some come with liner brushes and others with lip applicators, you can use them all as liners, lip and cheek colours or eye shadows. I was initially drawn to the red and pinks as I had intended to get a lip colour and I swatched a fair few colours and applied a few on my lips but I couldn't find one that really suited me and I have to admit I wasn't overly keen on the texture or finish of the products as lip colours. The liquid consistency didn't apply all too well with the applicators and appeared a little gloopy but that may just be my application as I've seen other bloggers wearing the colours much better. 
I moved onto colours I would wear on my eyes and there as some really beautiful colours in the range, my favourites are silver Success, metallic green Intuitive, sky blue Calm, shimmery gold Fantasy and the colour I picked on the wheel Motivation.
Overall the evening was fab and the Lush ladies were really helpful and friendly, there were some sweeties and fizzy drinks and I got a bunch of free liner and lip applicators. 

Obviously I made a few purchases (more than I had planned) I bought two eyeliners- Motivation and Fantasy £14.50 each, a Karma Bubble Bar £3.10 and a Tea Tree Toner Water £3.95. I will be doing a review of the eyeliners this week so stay tuned for that.

Did anyone else go to one of the VIP events which are your favourite products from the range?

: ]

4 comments:

  1. I didn't go to the event but I visited my local store today to check everything out. I was looking at the reds for my lips and then the sales woman suggested perspective as she thought it would suit my skin tone so I tried it on and loved it. Didn't have enough cash on me to purchase it but will definitely go back to pick it up x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both me and my mom tried Perspective and it really suited her so she bought it, it is a gorgeous colour but it didn't suit me.
      : ]

      Delete
  2. Could anyone go to the event? I'm gutted I didn't go if we could've. MerryHill is my local store too. The staff are so nice there and I just love Lush, en of :P
    I'm really glad I saw this blogpost :)

    Laura x ~ DemandBeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was for VIP's, but all you have to do to become a VIP is sign up instore and then they send you e-mails about instore events and news about products. I went to a bath bomb making event too and got to keep what I made free so it's really worth signing up.
      : ]

      Delete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...