Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Review: Lee Stafford Bleach Blonde Shampoo

Lee Stafford Bleach Blonde Shampoo £6.49

So as you probably know I am not blonde, I'm a redhead so you may be wondering why I'm reviewing a shampoo aimed specifically at blondes, well I'd read a few reviews on this and it's supposed to eliminate yellow tones and over the past few months I've noticed a definite yellow tinge to my hair. I'm not sure why this has happened (perhaps years of messing about with home dying)  but I wanted to get back to my natural colour and as my hair tends to get much lighter in the summer months (when it actually decides to be sunny) I thought I'd give this a go. You're only supposed to use this once or twice a week as it is a toning shampoo and being over cautious I've only been using it once a week but I have noticed a definite difference in the colour of my hair.
As you can see the shampoo itself is very deep purple in colour and you only need a really small amount to wash shoulder length hair so this should last a good while as I'm only using it once a week. It lathers really well but does leave the ends of my hair feeling quite dry but this disappears after using conditioner, it also leaves my hair smelling really good.
As for the colour of my hair, it definitely looks less yellow and now has a much more pleasant sandy ginger shade to it I do find that for about two days after using this my hair looks very light but this fades quickly which I'm fine with, overall I am very pleased with this and it has done exactly what it claims to do so I will definitely be repurchasing it.



: ]

10 comments:

  1. seriously? wow i need to try it!
    xx
    SurfAddictFashionista
    http://reapap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow thanks for sharing!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. so does it keep in bleach for any color?

    come say hi at nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I host favorite product fridays. Love for you to link up some of your awesome reviews...

    Following from GFC hop. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can ;)

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have white-ish blonde hair, but its been pretty much every shade at some point!, and Ive tried this shampoo, definitely not my favourite, it never seems to have much of a toning effect, the john Frieda one is much nicer and "a touch of silver" (boots!) is brilliant, it's four quid, but I find that if you put a little bit of it in with your normal conditioner it really tones out the yellow hints. . . :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I may have to try the Boots one
      : ]

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! I use Clairol color toning shampoo, but I don't love it. I'm stopping by from the GFC Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower from the GFC blog hop!
    Great review =) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use this bleach shampoo along with the conditioner three times a week and the touch of silver daily shampoo and conditioner on the other days, and my bleached hair is now a lovely brilliant white. Worth every penny. My natural hair colour is dark brown (I think, been a while since it was it's natural colour lol).

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...