Monday, 2 July 2012

Review- Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen


L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen £8.49 (I got this as part of a 3 for 2 deal)
I'm constantly on the lookout for a highlighting product that will hide the dark shadows under my eyes and when I swatched this in the shop I really liked the formula, the colour was also the perfect shade for me a couple of shades lighter than my skin which I hoped would be enough to mask the dark circles.
The packaging is great and the nice slim pen takes up hardly any room in my make up bag but I did find that I had to twist the base a good number of times to get any product to appear on the  brush applicator which meant that rather than brushing on a thin layer of highlighter it went on in large lines.
After applying it under my eyes I gently smoothed it over my skin and it did go some way to covering my dark circles however after an hour or so it had all but disappeared and I was left pretty disappointed, I have found that it works a lot better on any red patches that sometimes appear on my cheeks and chin and I sometimes apply it thinly over my cheeks to even out my skin tone and it seems to last a lot longer but I haven't been using this too often as I prefer my Benefit Boi-ing Concealer.
Overall this works ok but for the price I don't think it works well enough for me to consider repurchasing it.

Have you tried this?
: ]

4 comments:

  1. I just discover your blog with IFB!
    I love it and I'm a new folloer now.


    http://lerosepoque.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard good things about the foundation from this range, so would be interested in trying that :) x
    http://b-j-s-t.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks that this pen isn't great, especially when the packaging is cute :(

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com/
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a shame this didnt work :(

    I'm using the Colleciton 2000 concealer and i find it quite good for under eyes :)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...