Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Review: Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask

I bought this months ago and it took me ages to try it, probably because I've never used a self heating mask before so I was a bit apprehensive on first use half expecting it to feel like putting deep heat on my face. The first time I used it I only did a quick refresh and washed it off straight away instead of leaving it on for five minutes and sponging it off.
I shook the tube as instructed in Soap & Glory's usual whimsical manner and squeezed out a grape sized blob and immediately felt the product getting warmer on my fingers, I applied it to my face where it warmed further and felt lovely. The texture of this is quite creamy with fine gritty bits and there are little blue beads which pop creating little streaks of blue. The tube says to scrub til your blue in the face so I was expecting quite a noticeable colour change but it actually only has a slight blue tinge even after a considerable amount of scrubbing which was a little disappointing but doesn't affect how well it works so I can't get past it.
The formula is very thin and dries very quickly so if you're in a rush and are just doing the quick refresh it's great and it washes off really quickly and easily leaving your skin feeling clean and soft. 
I've now used this quite a few times as a proper mask, leaving it for the full five minutes then sponging off using the accompanying sponge. I expected this to be quite a lot of effort but the little pink sponge is really brilliant and cleans the mask off very easily and quickly, the sponge is a little rough so it is quite exfoliating whilst removing the mask, this is fantastic for me but if you have dry or sensitive skin then I'm not sure if this would be too hash and abrasive. 
I was disappointed that after using the sponge once it dried up and went crisp and hard but as soon as I ran it under the tap it regained it's original soft and squidgy structure so don't worry if your sponge seems to have become a little toast like in texture as this is only temporary. 
The product has quite a strong scent which is hard to explain but I'd say it's quite lemony and a bit sherbert like, I'm sure not everyone will like the scent as it is quite strong and a bit unusual but I really adore the smell.
This mask proclaims to get rid of blackheads and (more importantly for me) refine pores, I have quite noticable pores on my cheeks and nose so I'm immediately drawn to any products that claim to hide or shrink them but more often than not I'm left disappointed at a lack of any noticable difference. This however actually lived it to it's claims and whenever I use it I instantly notice that my pores look less prominent and my skins appears much smoother. 
To sum up it leaves my skin feeling great and I find the whole process from the lovely warm application to the gentle sponging off very relaxing and lovely, I use this once or twice a week depending on the state of my skin and can honestly say it is the best mask I've ever used and I will definitely be repurchasing this as it does wonders for my skin.  
Soap & Glory No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Detox Mask 100ml- £11.00 

Have you tried this and what's your favourite mask?
: ]

4 comments:

  1. i love this mask it's really good soap and glory also do a really good scrub that i like to use with it
    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really want to try this, my favourite masks are the LUSH ones but they're a bit expensive. I love Soap & Glory products so I might buy this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I really want to try it now since my biggest skin problems are blackheads and large pores.

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried it yet, but I was thinking of getting it, and after reading this, I definitely think I will. So thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...