Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Dressing Table Tour


I thought it was about time I did a little post about how I store my cosmetics, I actually share a dressing table with my mom as my room is pretty tiny and therefore has no room for a dressing table, all my storage is either recycled or incredibly cheap as I don't really want to splash out on expensive storage until I've got my own place.
So on to the 'tour'

I have a little vase where I store my make-up brushes (there's usually a lot more brushes) I filled it with the little foamy things from Lush gift boxes to make the brushes stand up, I have a few small pendants stored in my sugar skull trinket box and I hang my longer necklaces on cocktail sticks on top of my big draws and hang shorter ones off the hideous headless woman who I plan on replacing soon with something less bulky.



I got both of the little draws from Poundland and they are fantastic for the price, I keep earrings and a couple of bracelets in the smallest one and keep my lipsticks and other items of jewellery in the bigger ones and a bottle opener which is clearly essential for when I'm getting ready for a night out and predrinking.


I keep all my rings in these GU pudding bowls which are the perfect size and stack well and I have yet more earrings in the trinket box. This spotty box was something like £2.99 from a B&M Bargains and keeps all the things that are too tall to fit in my draws which are mostly haircare products and body sprays. 



These bigger draws were from Dunelm Mill for around £10, in the shallow draw I keep most of my make-up and pallettes, in the second draw I keep things I use everyday like cleansers, deodorant, moisturisers etc and in the final draw I keep my most recent purchase and things I'm yet to try or use.


Underneath the dressing table I have a little grey table with two shelves on the bottom shelf I keep my jewellery box and my favourite shoes. On the top shelf I have a Lush gift box where I store all my bath bombs and bubble bars underneath that I have a Marc Jacobs Lola gift box which houses all my nail varnishes, as you can see I also keep my perfumes, body butter and a couple of bottles of Radox on here too.

So that concludes my cheap and cheerful dressing table and storage. 

: ]






3 comments:

  1. I need to get more storage for my make up, the poundland drawers seem such good value! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did one of these yesterday too !!! check mine out too ; www.imitationisthegreatestformofflattery.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. So organised !
    Mine is a complete mess !
    Love the sugar skull box :)
    Launa in Ponderland

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...