Monday, 3 September 2012

NOTD- Autumn Shades


As I've been wearing mostly blues and pastels throughout spring and summer I fancied a change so I decided to go for red which is a shade I really don't wear enough, not content with just one shade I went for five burgundy-red shades for a gradient type look. I used: (left to right) Nails Inc Victoria, Nails Inc Savile Row, Nails Inc Tate, Rimmel Double Decker Red and Nails Inc Beach, I got all the Nails Inc varnishes with various magazines over the past couple of years. After I'd applied the varnishes I found that the colours were a little too similar especially on the thumb and index fingers so I added a coat of Models Own Purple Blue over each nail then applied another coat of the original colours over the top of that (apart from the thumb nail) this made the colours a bit darker and gave more of a contrast between the colours. Overall I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out and I will definitely be using red shades more often especially Nails Inc Tate which is a gorgeous deep red. 


: ]

4 comments:

  1. hey thanks for following, im doing a giveaway of a naked 2 palette at 100 followers could you help me reach my goal? please? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love gradient nails, these are perfect for autumn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely selection of colours. i love the gradient look especially in deep shades of red like these :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous - nails inc Tate & Victoria are 2 of my all time favourties.

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...