Thursday, 4 October 2012

NOTD: Grey Matter (& Bourjois Matt Top Coat Review)

 Polishes used:
Models Own Top Coat
Barry M- Grey
Technic- Mermaid
Bourjois- So Matt Top Coat

 I got this grey polish last week as my nail varnish collection was seriously lacking a grey and Barry M is super cheap and great quality and I absolutely love it, I've not used a grey before but I can see myself using this one a lot during the colder months. The sparkly Mermaid polish is also pretty new and this is the first time I've worn it properly and it was a bargain for just 99p, to get the amount of glitter shown I applied 3-4 coats but the coverage is pretty good with just one, I've already bought another Technic polish and I'll definitely buy more in the future, they have some really pretty shades and they're all just 99p in Bodycare.
Now onto the Matte Top Coat, I bought this Bourjois one recently because I'm running out of my old H&M Matte polish and Bourjois had a 3 for 2 offer on. You can see the H&M Matte coat here and here, the H&M one was a steal at £1.99 but it is very small whereas the Bourjois version is £5.99 but is a bit bigger and as this isn't the kind of top coat I'll be using everyday I think it's well worth the money. It's thinner than the H&M one and takes a tiny bit longer to mattify (I'm not sure if that's a word but I'm using it)  but it's still very quick, one thing I love about matte top coats is that they dry so much faster than glossy top coats, also the brush is fantastic as it fans out to cover the whole nail in one stroke which is ideal for matte varnish as I've had issues when applying the H&M one where the brush has missed parts of the nail leaving an uneven finish. The formula is definitely better than the H&M one which obviously isn't too surprising, it gives a really even and smooth matte finish whereas my H&M one can sometimes look a bit streaky. 
To sum up I love this and I will definitely replace it when it runs out as I can't find a single fault with it.


: ]




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Im still on the hunt for a matte top coat :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the grey Barry M I love it! Tempted to get me a matte top coat now!!

    I'm having a jewellery giveaway on my blog, check it out

    lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Barry M nail polishes but light colors. I am not fond of gray especially on nails. I am in love with red colors because it makes my fingers look sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your nails, that glitter looks so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best matte top coat I've found is the one by Rimmel :) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have gorgeous nails! I really like these polishes :)x

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...