Tuesday, 30 October 2012

NOTD: His Name Is Jason

So as it's Halloween this week and I've been watching all my favourite scary movies I thought I'd do a Halloween themed NOTD so I went for a Friday 13th themed design partly because the movie is awesome and partly because I've been meaning to try out this splattered effect for a little while.

I painted all my nails with two coats of Barry M- White, at first I tried Nails Inc- Beach for the blood splatters but it was a bit too bright so I mixed it with Nails Inc- Tate to make it a darker blood red. To create the splatters I used a straw, dipping it in the varnish and then blowing at my nails, it was pretty much a case of trial and error as a lot of the time when I blew the varnish wouldn't leave the end of the straw but I did quite enjoy the messy hap hazard method although I foolishly decided not to apply tape around my fingers and so ended up in quite a mess.
To create Jason's hockey mask I used a cocktail stick dipped in Nails Inc- Beach and my Models Own Nail Art Pen in Black, as you can see below the left hand turned out quite well but the right Jason mask looks a little melted but the splatters turned out well on both hands so I thought I'd include pictures of both. Unfortunately when I applied a clear top coat over the splatters it did leave a pinkish tone to the white which is a bit annoying but it does make the Jason mask stand out more.
I'll definitely be trying the splatter method again with other colours, and I'll make sure I tape up my fingers to make less of a mess.



: ]




5 comments:

  1. wow. your nails looks so nice *_* your blog is very good and interesting. im glad if you visit my blog, too <3

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic!! Have to give them a go for tomorrow night! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I opted for ghost nails.. took the easy option but now wishing I'd been a little more adventurous.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails look amazing, seriously scary! :o xx

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...