Wednesday, 24 October 2012

NOTD- Snowflakes At Night

I used:
Barry M- black
Models Own- Snowflake
Models Own Snowflake is possibly the prettiest nail varnish I own and I couldn't wait to try it out, I did read a few reviews mentioning that the glitter is quite sparse so I decided to try it over black to really let the sparkly flakes stand out. I was personally pretty pleased with how the well glitter distributed, you will find that there can be a few empty gaps but it's easy enough to splodge a little glitter on the sparse areas, to get the above coverage I used 2-3 coats. 
The colour of the flakes looks a creamy white in the bottle but on the nails it has yellowy green tones when you look at it directly and beautiful blue tones when you look at it at an angle. I did find that in places some of the bigger flakes didn't lie flat enough so it took a couple of coats of clear polish to make sure the flakes lay flat to nail and to prevent them peeling off. 
I absolutely love how they've turned out and can't wait to try Snowflake over different colours, I'm also very tempted to buy Jack Frost the other white/translucent glitter in the Wonderland collection as it looks equally as gorgeous.

: ]

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning and I still don't own any models own nail polishes :(

    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want Model's Own Snowflake, it's so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...