Thursday, 20 December 2012

Product Review: Let The Good Times Roll



I bought this a couple of months ago and have only just got round to trying it and I found out that these don't last as long as the other Lush Cleansers with this one having a shelf life of about three months meaning I've been using it everyday in attempt to finish the tub before it starts going off in January. I'm actually really glad I've been forced to use this so often as my skin is loving it and I'll definitely buy another one before they disappear after Christmas (although there are rumours this may be joining the permanent range of cleansers so fingers crossed). 
Much like Dark Angels which I reviewed a little while ago the idea with this is to take a small pinch of the product (or a generous palm full if you're trying to use it up like me) and mix it with a little water to form a paste like texture and then rub it over your face to exfoliate and soften whilst leaving it super clean. I find the texture to be perfect it has more of a sandy texture than Lush's other salt based scrubs like Ocean Salt so I find it to be less harsh although I have heard a few people complain that it stung their skin so I probably wouldn't recommend this to those of you with sensitive skin. 
I have been finding my skin is feeling a little bit dry in areas recently which I put down to a combination of the cold weather and the air conditioning at work, my cheeks especially have been feeling a little sore and tight so it is absolutely loving all the softening ingredients in this like corn oil. I would usually steer clear of a cleanser like this as it looks like it would be a nightmare for my usually oily skin but it is the perfect combination of moisturising and exfoliating which leaves my skin buffed and soft but with a nice matte finish. 
Obviously I couldn't review this without mentioning the smell which is literally amazing, it smells almost exactly like a Crunchie bar or some kind of milkshake and even my boyfriend, who usually hates me shoving Lush products in his face to sniff, thinks it smells delicious.
I cannot think of a single bad point for this as it suits my skin perfectly and the price is pretty reasonable for the amount of product you get and how long it lasts, I will be delighted if they make this a permanent product and will definitely be repurchasing.

: ]

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great - I've not tried this yet although I have senstive skin so maybe I should give it a miss! You are much better than me too, Im far too lazy to cleanse everyday (I know I should!!)

    Jen xx
    http://kitsch-n-sync.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...