Friday, 4 January 2013

Feature Friday: December Empties


I did plan on posting this last friday but never got a chance so here are all the products I used up in December with mini reviews:

Soap & Glory Scrub Actually-
I'll be honest I didn't really get on with this, first off every time I opened the bottle I ended up slicing a finger or thumb on the lid, but my main issue with this is the consistency the scrubby bits are fairly large and quite sharp and the gel itself has quite a sticky consistency. 
Would I Repurchase: No although it did leave my skin feeling quite soft I don't like the consistency or the smell which smells like sickly sweet watermelon.

Lush Tea Tree Toner-
I reviewed this in my August favourites post (you can read that here) and I still love it just as much.
Would I Repurchase: Yes but I'm trying out a Sanctuary Toner right now as sadly this Lush one doesn't last very long.

Lush Candy Mountain Bubble Bar-
This is my all time favourite Lush Bubble Bar the smell is amazing and as with all Lush bubble bars it creates mountains of bubbles which last ages.
Would I Repurchase: As this is now gone until next Christmas I did stock up and have a little stash to keep me going.

Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar-
Not much to say about this other than the smell is lovely and really is very comforting.
Would I Repurchase: Yep.

Soap & Glory Flake Away-
As you can see I've got through two of the travel sized pots of this and I absolutely love it, it is my favourite Soap & Glory scrub as the consistency is the perfect mix between exfoliating and softening.
Would I Repurchase: I will be buying a full sized tub of this when I run out of all my other scrubs.

Lush Marilyn Hair Treatment (Sample)-
I use this two to three times a week on the ends of my hair and leave it on for a good half an hour and my hair is absolutely loving it, it has left the ends of my hair looking lighter and in much better condition and the smell is gorgeous.
Would I Repurchase: I've already bought a full sized tub.

Soap & Glory Scrub Of Your Life-
I like this a lot the smell is lovely and it's quite a gentle scrub which leaves my skin incredibly soft.
Would I Repurchase: Yep.

Soap & Glory Daily Smooth-
I really liked this mostly becuase the smell was lovely but I think I prefer Hand Food especially when a full sized tube costs £8.50 and Hand Food is just £5.00.
Would I Repurchase: I'll probably buy another mini but I can't see myself buying a full sized tube.

Rimmel Fix And Perfect Primer-
I bought this to replace my 17 Photoflawless Primer which I use up far too quickly and I found this to be about the same, the texture is more of a moisturiser when applied but once settled it leaves a velvetty base that makes my foundation apply well and makes my pores look barely noticeable.
Would I Repurchase: Yes I think it's great for the price but I'm trying another primer right now.

Soap & Glory The Fab Pore Facial Peel-
I really loved this when I first tried it, it left my skin feeling really refreshed and clean the smell was quite strong and overbearing but my skin loved it. But once I got two thirds down the tub it seemed to stop working and everytime I applied it my skin started to sting making it impossible to leave it on any longer than 3 minutes (I used to leave it on for about 15), maybe I just had it too long but it definitely put me off using it again and there's still a little left in the tub that I won't be using.
Would I Repurchase: No.

Lush Glogg Shower Gel (Sample)-
 I really wasn't keen on the smell of this it smelt kind of like cough medicine and the little tub they sent the sample in leaked a lot.
Would I Repurchase: I think this was a limited edition online Christmas product and I wasn't particularly keen on it so I won't be buying it next Christmas.

Benefit Triple Pefrorming Facial Emulsion-
I really like this, it manages to moisturise my skin without weighing it down or leaving it feeling greasy, the formula is very light and absorbs quickly and it's oil free making it perfect for my skin.
Would I Repurchase: I have a couple of moisturisers on the go right now but when I need a new one it'll be a toss up between this and an Avene one that I love.

Bourjois Intuitive 3 Dot Liner-
I use this combined with my Maybelline Gel Liner everyday, I make the general line with the gel then use this to fill in any gaps and make the line more neat as it easier to control than the gel.
Would I Repurchase: I already have.

MUA Blush Shade 1-
I use this for my everyday make-up as the shade is quite pale so it suits my skin well and you can't go wrong for £1.
Would I Repurchase: I already have.

: ]




2 comments:

  1. I see lots of Soap and Glory! I'm trying to try all the S&G scrubs and Flake Away is next on my hit list x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much Soap&Glory
    I always appreciate your empties posts :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...