So to start this little challenge I thought I'd identify the things I think I'm spending too much on:
- Nail varnish especially the glitter variety.
- Make-up in general especially if it's doing the rounds on blogs.
- Skincare and bath products I really don't need, my stash is a little ridiculous especially Soap & Glory things.
- Buying things just because they're on offer, again Soap & Glory are big culprits here I'm a sucker for a 3 for 2 offer I have been known to go into Boots for something sensible like toothpaste and come out with three new shower scrubs.
- Food, obviously food itself is quite necessary but I've been having really short shifts at work recently of about 4 or 5 hours so I don't get a break and once I'm finished I'm usually starving especially if it's a 10 til 3 shift and I end up in McDonalds or Subway.
- Lush- by far my spending nemesis, my Lush stash is ridiculous.
So here are my rules for this challenge:
- I will not buy any nail varnish at all for the 100 days.
- I can only purchase make-up if it is an essential repurchase like foundation for example.
- I will not buy any skincare or bath products unless it is a necessary repurchase.
- I will cut down on my fast food intake and try to take food with me to work.
- I will not buy any Lush products except for skincare items that are part of my everyday routine and only if I have run out of previous products.
- I will avoid clothes shopping completely unless it's something I really need for example I may need to purchase some work shoes soon.
- I will only purchase 3 magazines a month and will not waste money on weekly magazines, I will purchase Glamour, Company and Cosmopolitan and that is all.
I'm sure there will be a couple of slips because hey no one's perfect but I'm really going to try and not spend my money on all these unnecessary purchases and I'll be keeping you all up to date with my progress with weekly updates on Saturdays starting next Saturday. I do plan on making one naughty purchase next week as I haven't had a chance to yet, I will be purchasing one of the new Marc Jacobs Limited Edition Spring Fragrances I'm currently leaning towards Oh Lola! Sunsheer Edition.
Sorry this ended up being much longer than I intended, kudos if you read it all.