Thursday, 29 August 2013

August Birchbox

I signed up to Birchbox last month and I received my first box a few weeks ago and I was really impressed with it, each month the Birchbox has a different theme and this month they teamed up with Instyle for a summer nights themed box.
I was really pleased with what I got and now that I've had a little while to try most things out I thought I'd do a review of my first Birchbox.

First up I got this make up primer from Gerda Spillmann, it has a slight shimmer to it and applies like a moisturiser and settles to a matte finish. This hasn't really wowed me to be honest it settles in just a little bit too much so it doesn't really change how smoothly my foundation applies in the same way that Benefit Porefessional does. Whilst it doesn't make my foundation apply any better than usual I'd definitely say it prolongs the wear of my foundation and keeps it in place all day.

When I opened the box/bag I kind of overlooked this as just another red lipstick but one morning before work I decided to give it a go and I was actually really impressed with it, I like to apply a little lip balm before applying a lip colour and this applied really smoothly, the shade is a lovely bright red exactly the kind of colour I'd usually go for it applies quite subtly at first but is very buildable. It lasts for a good few hours and with very little colour transfer which is a real bonus as I hate applying a nice red lipstick to then have a drink and end up with lipstick smeared all over the glass.

I haven't tried this yet but I always enjoy trying new skincare so I'll be adding this to my little stash of beauty products I keep at Pete's.

I've heard so many good things about this I can't wait to try it but unfortunately I just haven't had a chance to try it out yet as I'm usually in a rush to get ready for work but I'm hoping to try it out this weekend.

I love a Molton Brown shower gel so I was happy to see this in my box and the scent is lovely and sweet, I've used this over the past week when I've stayed at Pete's and it's lasting pretty well.

I've wanted an eye mask for quite a while so I was delighted to have this in my box, I'm quite bad when it comes to sleep and very rarely get more than six hours which results in puffy tired looking eyes. So I'm hoping this might depuff my eyes in the morning before work.

I was quite intrigued by these as I'd never heard of them before but I haven't started taking them yet.

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...