Friday, 23 August 2013

August Haul Part 1 & A Tiny Rant







Heart Shaped Glitter Top Coats- £1.00 each Poundland// 
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- £9.99 £4.99 Boots// Real Techniques Core Collection- £21.99 Boots// Montagne Jeunesse Manuka Honey Peel Off Face Mask- £1.00 Boots// Soap & Glory Mini Flake Away- Free on a 3 for 2 offer Boots// Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher in Golden Lilac and Rose Amber- £7.99 each Boots// Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Rouge Jet Set- Free with a 3 for 2 offer on Bourjois Boots// 
Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Metallic Pomegranate- £7.99 Superdrug// Maybelline Mastershape Brow Pencil in Dark Blonde- £2.99 Superdrug// Maybelline Color Show Nail in Midnight Taupe- Free with a 3 for 2 offer on Maybelline Superdrug// Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation in Light Porcelain- £6.99 £4.99 Superdrug// Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair- £3.99 Superdrug.

I've had lots of overtime this month which has meant I've spent a dangerous amount within close proximity of both Superdrug and Boots which has lead to this little haul. 
I've been lusting over OPI's Nothin’ Mousie ‘bout It for ages so when I spotted these in Poundland I had to get them, now I'm under no allusions that these won't be perfect dupes but for a quid you can't go wrong.
I hadn't really been sucked into the hype surrounding the Maybelling Colour Tattoo Eyeshadows until I saw a couple of posts featuring the shade Metallic Pomegranate and I knew I had to make it mine.
I've had my eye on the infamous Real Technique brushes for a while and decided to treat myself to the Core Collection and as they were on offer I bought the Expert Face Brush as well after hearing so many great things about it. I am fully aware that the Core Collection includes a large buffing brush which does pretty much the same thing as the Expert Face Brush but the buffing brush is quite large so I was planning on using it for my blush and powder rather than my liquid foundation. 
When I went to pay for my goodies the girl behind the till picked up my brushes looked at them for a while before shooting me a snobby look and then started laughing, not just a chuckle but full on laughing, at me before informing me that the brushes do the exact same thing and looking at me as if I were a moron, which to be honest made me feel quite embarrassed. Now maybe in her opinion buying two brushes that do pretty much the same thing seems like a stupid thing to do but I really don't think I should have to justify my purchases to anyone and as a sales adviser myself I would never dream of laughing in a customers face regardless of how incredibly stupid they can sometimes be. 
Maybe I'm over reacting but it just made me feel a bit shitty and put a downer on something I'd been looking forward to purchasing.  

: ]

3 comments:

  1. Omg the heart glitter!!
    I need to raid my poundshop
    I was in one recently they had a ton of Daria DVDs, I was so impressed haha

    SAMI★SPOON

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were you I'd go on the website and file a complaint about her, she sounds so horrid!

    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you feel bad about that moron being rude to you! I have a ton of customers who purchase the Expert Face Brush and Core Collection at the same time. Why not! It's great to have a spare brush for brush cleaning time :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...