Monday, 30 September 2013

Glossybox: September


I am super late with this as it is now the last day of september but today I am reviewing my first Glossybox, I was slightly cautious about subscribing to Glossybox as I'd heard their boxes can be very hit and miss but I thought I'd give them a try for a couple of months.

Eyelure Pre-Glued Lashes
I have never ever tried fake lashes and the main reason for this is that I don't like the idea of putting glue that close to my eyes so when I opened my box and saw these I was a little disappointed until I read the front of the box and these ones are actually pre-glued. I haven't tried them yet as I haven't been anywhere other than work and the shops but I am hoping to try these soon as they appeal to me much more than normal lashes and they don't look too over the top.

Elizabeth Arden Untold
I know a lot of people feel disappointed to see perfume samples in a beauty box but I actually quite like them so I was happy to see this tucked away in my box, the scent is the type that I usually go for a light fruity feminine fragrance with a slight floral tinge. The little bottle is really pretty with little diamond shapes all over and I like to have little sample bottles like this to keep in my handbag so this was definitely one of my favourite things in the box.

Dr.Lipp Original Nipple Balm For Lips
I've heard so much about this but never wanted to try it as I have too many balms as it is, but I tried this straight away and love it, it is very thick and a little sticky but it leaves my lips feeling lovely and soft. I'll be saving this for winter as my lips get very dry in the colder months.

Toni & Guy Classic Shine &Gloss Serum
This is a full size product which I was pleased about and it is definitely my favourite product in the box, you really don't need a lot as it goes a long way, my hair has been feeling a bit dry recently as it really needs a cut but this leaves the lengths of my hair feeling softer as well as smelling fantastic. I would actually consider buying this once I run out as it really does leave my hair feeling softer and looking more glossy.

Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Onyx Liner
As a bit of an eyeliner fanatic I have tried all different kinds of liner and from my experience I generally don't favour pen type liners, they are very easy to use but I find the pigment isn't quite opaque enough for my taste. This was pretty much as I expected, it easily created a nice clean line and it was easy enough to alter the thickness of the line but it just wasn't dark or opaque enough and I couldn't help but go over it with my trusty gel liner so I wouldn't consider buying this.

Overall my first Glosybox was ok and I adored the Union Jack packaging, there was a good mix of products but the products themselves were a bit  hit and miss, still I'm excited for next months box and hoefully I'll get my review up a bit faster next month.

: ]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post :) I was thinking of signing up to a beauty box was probally going to be this one, what you got looks great xx

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...