Monday, 2 September 2013

SoukSouk Little Green Beauty Box- August



I've been meaning to post this for weeks but I've only just got round to trying everything in my box so better late than never I guess.
I signed up to three different beauty boxes last month, the other two being Beauteco and Birchbox, the SoukSouk box was the last to arrive and initially I was a bit underwhelmed in comparison to my other boxes but now that I've tried out everything I'm slightly more pleased with it so here are mini reviews of the products I received. 

Alva Stressed Hands Cream- 18ml sample £2.07 - link
I personally find it hard to get too excited over a hand creme but this smells really lovely thanks to the tea tree and avacado oil and definitely leaves my hands feeling soft. I think I'll save this for winter as it's quite a heavy cream and my hands get super dry in the cold , it's also anti-bacterial which is definitely a bonus if you work in customer service during flu season.

Bloom Remedies Daily Balance Cream 30ml sample £6.62 - link
This was the one product that stood out to me as soon as I opened the box, the packaging is adorable and I love the scent, a beautiful mix of sweet orange, rose and geranium essential oils. I was a little worried that it may be too heavy for my skin as it's aimed at normal skin but so far I've found it to actually be quite balancing adding moisture to my dry areas without overloading any oily areas.

Dr Alkaitis Organic Day Cream 5ml sample £6.95 -link
Dr Alkaitis Organic Night Cream 5ml sample £6.95 - link 
I really don't like the scent of these it's a kind of sweet citrus like smell but also very floral, they're supposed to be suitable for all skin types but I personally found these to be too heavy on my skin and I was left with slightly greasy feeling skin which I hate. I'll probably end up giving these to my mom as they're probably better suited to her skin, the full size products retail for £69.50 which is honestly just ridiculous in my opinion I'd much rather buy a nice Origins moisturiser for half the price.


Avril Organic Mascara Full Size £5.93- link
I tried this last out of all the products in my box as I'd kind of overlooked it if I'm honest, it takes quite a lot for me to be impressed with a mascara but as soon as I tried this I loved it, it really defined and separated my lashes to give a nice volumised look. 

Bonus product- Avril Eyelash Curler £1.27link
I've never used an eyelash curler so I have been absolutely useless with this and to be honest I don't think I'll be getting too much use out.

I think my first SoukSouk box is definitely a hit and miss for me but I'm giving it another month to see if the next box impresses me more before I decide whether to cancel my subscription or not.  

: ]

3 comments:

  1. the mascara looks great! Xo

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great items! same here I don't use eyelash curler I don't know how to use them and I'm afraid to use them . great review btw!

    ellie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hand cream sounds lovely. I work in an aquarium so my hands are always dry and the antibacterial would be good for getting rid of fishy germs.
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...