Thursday, 17 October 2013

October Glossybox


I received my October Glossybox on Monday and I was so disappointed with it, I'd really been looking forward to this months box after hearing that the theme was Dark Romance so I was expecting some dark lip products or maybe some dark eye shadows or liners and maybe a nice berry nail varnish. I can honestly say the contents of the box have almost nothing to with the theme, the perfume sample and tint are the only products that are remotely appropriate to Dark Romance. To make this worse my perfume sample was snapped in half so I didn't actually get to try it and when I visited the Glossybox Facebook page there's a stream of comments from other disappointed customers including loads of comments saying other people received a broken perfume sample and other people received smashed up blushers. Other commenters are complaining that they haven't received their box at all and the majority of the comments complain about the boxes lack of themed products, honestly I'm appalled by the service and actually emailed customer care about the broken sample but as of yet I've received no response (I emailed on Monday).


Broadway Nails impress press-on manicure- Full size £7.99
I have never used fake nails and I really can't see myself using these, firstly they're too wide for my nails and secondly I'm struggling to see what over the top glitter tipped fake nails have to do with dark romance.

Monu Illuminating Primer- Sample
This is probably the best product in the box and I gave it a little try on the back of my hand, it's quite thick but it sinks in fast and leaves a shimmery soft finish.

Premae Multi-Vit Smoothie Serum- Sample
I haven't tried this yet but it smells quite nice and it doesn't seem too thick or heavy so hopefully it should suit my skin but I'm not overly excited by it.

ME ME ME Cherub’s blush Cheek & Lip Tint- Full Size £5.50
This is the only product I recieved that I feel meets the theme Dark Romance, I already own Benefits Benetint so I don't really need this dupe but I'll probably get some use out of it although I've already discovered that the lid is a bit iffy and consequently it leaks a little and as it's a stain this is a big problem. 

Katy Perry Killer Queen- sample 
And here we have my broken perfume sample, as soon as I opened my box I could smell the perfume and I was quite annoyed to open my box and see that the little vial wasn't even attached to the card and was in two seperate sharp pieces, from what I could tell the perfume was actually quite nice. In response to comments on the facebook page in regards to broken samples Glossybox said that sometimes these things happen in transit and to contact customer services about any broken samples but I really don't think it's a very valid excuse but I'll wait and see if they respond to my email.

I was planning on giving Glossybox 4 months to impress me but after being so disappointed by this box I decided to unsubscribe today as I don't want to waste my money on a box of things I don't want. On top of that I was really unimpressed with the feedback from Glossybox to the complaints on thier facebook page, they say pretty much the same thing to every comment, they say they're sorry they'll take the feedback on board and to contact their customer service but there are tonnes of comments from subscribers saying they emailed customer care over a month ago.

*UPDATE* I just received a reply to my complaint and Glossybox have offered to send me an alternative product to try as they have no more perfume samples.

: ]

2 comments:

  1. I unsubscribed from all of the beauty boxes a while ago, glossy box first, because I just kept receiving things I didn't want or loads of skin samples - birch box is better than glossy box in my opinion x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never subscribed to a beauty box and I don't think I will. From all these kinds of posts I see, it doesn't seem worth it. :( x

    Fernanda | Ferdie's Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...