Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Models Own Sale Haul & Swatches

models own hypergels
As I'm sure you're all aware Models Own had a huge half price sale a few weeks ago to celebrate reaching 250k likes on Facebook, of course I couldn't let this pass by without adding  a few new shades to my ever growing collection especially as the beautiful new Hypergel shades were included in the sale. 
I decided to get myself another black nail art pen as my old one is nearly used up, I also ordered their shading brush as I needed a new brush to blend with. I really tried to be restrained when it came to the nail varnish but I did end up with six so I thought I'd share some swatches with you of the colours I chose.

models own Turquoise Gloss Hypergelmodels own Turquoise Gloss Hypergel swatch
Turquoise Gloss Hypergel
I decided to get a few shades from  the new Hypergel collection and the first one I chose was this pretty turquoise, I already own too many turquoise nail varnishes but I couldn't resist this super glossy one and it is super bright.

Models Own Lilac Sheen HypergelModels Own Lilac Sheen Hypergel Swatch
Lilac Sheen Hypergel
The lilac shade is so pretty but as with most pastels it is more sheer than the other two Hypergels I bought and takes at least three coats to make it opaque.

Models Own Cornflower Gleam HypergelModels Own Cornflower Gleam Hypergel Swatch
Cornflower Gleam Hypergel
This is definitely my favourite shade from the Hypergel collection, it came out a little darker in my photo than it really is but it's a beautiful pale dusty blue, it was the first one I actually wore on my nails and I got quite a few customers complimenting me on the shade and asking what make it was.

Models Own Utopia
Utopia
I couldn't resist adding a few basic colours to my order as well, I've never been too interested in neutral colours like Utopia but I felt like trying something new and as this has received so  much hype in the past I thought I'd give it a go whilst it was on offer. I've worn this one recently and liked it a lot more than I thought I would so I can see myself wearing this a lot.

Models Own Raspberry CrushModels Own Raspberry Crush Swatch
Raspberry Crush
I'm not sure why I bought this one as I have quite a few bright reds already but it is very pretty.

Models Own Magenta DivineModels Own Magenta Divine Swatch
Magenta Divine
I really shouldn't have ordered another glitter, especially as I'd bought three in the Topshop sale the week before, but I've been eyeing up this particular glitter for quite a while and as I don't own any other dark pink glitters I added it to my basket and quickly checked out before I changed my mind.

: ]

2 comments:

  1. Great haul from Models Own! I really wanted to buy something from the sale but I behaved...for once. The new HyperGel polishes look really good.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the gel polishes! The lilac shade looks amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...