Monday, 24 March 2014

Birchbox March 2014 Edition



I'm rather late with this months Birchbox review and to be honest I was a little disappointed with the March box, I like the selection of items but all the samples were rather on the small side. I'm not sure I'll be keeping my subscription that much longer as there are other beauty boxes I'd like to try out.

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner- Sample
I always like products that smooth out the appearance of my pores as I find they're my main skin problem and this has a similar texture to Benefit's Porefessional although it's much thinner and I find it doesn't smooth out my pores as much as Porefessional but it does make a difference to my skin and it has a nice subtle menthol like scent.
Benefit Stay Don't Stray Eye Primer- Sample
I've been meaning to try this for quite a while so was very pleased to see it in my box, this primer is said to prolong the wear of both eyeshadow and concealer it has a thin light weight texture and blends in easily, I found that it improved the pigmentation of any shadows I applied over the top of it but I didn't notice that much difference in terms of how long my shadow stayed on for so I don't think I'd shell out £20.50 for a full size.
Molton Brown Rhubarb & Rose Replenishing Hand Cream- Sample
I have amassed quite the stash of hand creams since starting my various beauty box subscriptions so I'm usually fairly nonplussed when I see a hand cream in a box but Molton Brown products always smell incredible so I gave this a go straight away and it smells wonderful, a mixture of rose and sweet fruity rhubarb that is perfect for spring. I'm nearing the end of my favourite Body Shop Hemp hand cream which is great in the winter but is perhaps a bit thick for the Spring so I'm quite tempted to buy this Molton Brown as my spring replacement.

English Laundry No.7- Sample
I tried another English Laundry fragrance last year in a beauty box and found it just wasn't my kind of scent, this one is a bit better, it's very sweet with a strong vanilla scent mixed subtle notes of jasmine, pear and sandalwood. It's definitely very light and summery but I think it's just a little more my Nan's kind of fragrance than mine.

Aroma Works Nuture Body Oil- Sample
I find I never get round to using body oils so I wasn't too fussed when I saw this in my box and I haven't got round to trying it yet but it does smell very nice and relaxing, it's also nice to see that Birchbox put this in a little separate box just in case it leaked.

All in all it was an ok box but as it was a collaborated box with Lulu Guiness I did have slightly higher hopes for this box and it might have been nice to maybe have another make-up item instead of the perfume samples or the body oil. 
You can subscribe to Birchbox for £10.00 per month (+p&p) here.

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...