Friday, 23 May 2014

Birchbox May 2014 Edition



I was really pleased with this months Birchbox, this month they collaborated with Harper's Bazaar to create boxes filled with products which are supposed to prepare you for the (possibly) sunny warm weather ahead. 
I'm not too sure the products in my box really fit the theme but I got a great selection of products, most of which I'll use.

Aromatherapy Associates Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil
This smells fantastic, it's a wonderful mix of grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry that is really uplifting and relaxing at the same time, I'm saving this for a long bath after a particularly crap shift to unwind.

Benefit They're Real! Mascara
There is a lot of hype around this mascara but I must say I'm not convinced I've tried another sample of this and found it be a little dried up and it didn't make much difference to my lashes at all but I'm willing to give it another go.

It's always useful to have mini shampoos and conditioners as I like to keep a little stash of them at Pete's, these smell incredible they're really sweet and kind of like honey scented which is great for the summer.


Creme au Beurre.
The packaging for this nail varnish is so pretty and made the polish feel that little bit more special, unfortunately it was an absolute bugger to get into they packed the polish into a thick rectangle of sponge to keep it secure but it was so tight in the box I pretty much had to tear the box apart to get it out. I got the shade Creme au Beurre which looks beautiful in the bottle, a milky nude with a very slight shimmer however once painted onto my nails it appears to be a pale peach which really isn't for me unfortunately so this will probably go to my mom.

Another well hyped product, the infamous Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, I must admit having read about a thousand reviews about this I've been wanting to try it but as I already own a Sanctuary hot cloth cleanser I've been waiting until that's all used up. I haven't had time to try this yet as I've been on mostly late shifts recently but I can't wait to try it and see if it lives up to the hype and of course it's lovely to have another muslin cloth.

Overall I think this was a great box with a really good selection of products, I can't see myself getting too much use out of the nail varnish or mascara as they just aren't to my taste but other than that I was really pleased with my Birchbox this month. You can subscribe to Birchbox here for £10.00 (+p&p).
: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...