Tuesday, 13 May 2014

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clarifying Lotion



I recently ran out of a few of my daily skincare essentials so I headed straight to Boots and took full advantage of one of thier many 3 for 2 offers, I immediately went to the La Roche- Posay section in search of the Effaclar Mat when I spotted the Clarifying Lotion and as I was looking for a new toner I picked this up.
One of the things I adore about the La Roche-Posay brand is the beautiful scent that all the products have, a lovely clean fresh slightly sweet scent, although the clarifying lotion does have a slightly sharp acidic tinge to it. This is probably down to the Salicylic Acid in the lotion which helps to reduce blemishes and unclog pores, it also contains La Roche-Posay Thermal Spa Water which is supposed to sooth and soften the skin however I do find that this lotion can sometimes sting my skin, especially around my eyes and nose where my skin has been a bit irritated by hayfever so I tend not to use it every night as I feel that it is a little too stripping for everyday use.
I really do feel that it lives up to it's name as a clarifying product as it is fantastic at removing any stubborn oil and make-up left behind after cleansing even when I've used a particularly thorough scrub it manages to find hidden foundation and eyeshadow. 
My skin is left feeling tingly and refreshed but also softened, I do sometimes feel that it leaves a little bit of a sticky feeling to my skin but that may just down to me being a bit heavy handed when applying it.
Overall I would recommend the clarifying lotion to anyone with combination skin like myself as it is very thorough and cleansing whilst also softening the skin, just be careful around any sore skin as it can sting a little. Price wise it's a little more than I'd usually spend on a toner at £11 but it was on offer when I bought it and I can see this lasting me for a fair few months so I would probably repurchase it even at full price.

: ]

2 comments:

  1. I still have about 1/4 of mine left after nearly a year, it's definitely worth it!
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. After reading your review I feel like buying this, it sounds great :) And I need something like that for my skin. Althoooough the price is not very appealling, meh! But, I'm definitely going to try it


    Blog | Facebook

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...