Wednesday, 18 June 2014

Born Pretty Store Review- Nail Stamping Plates


 I was recently asked if I'd like to review some products for Born Pretty Store and I knew instantly which products I'd like to try, I've been reading a LOT of reviews on nail stamping plates recently and have been dying to try some so I was delighted at the chance to pick two try out. Born Pretty Store has an incredible selection of nail art tools and decorations and I was quite overwhelmed by the selection of plates available but eventually narrowed it down to two very pretty plates. 
I tested both plates out first on paper to show you each of the designs properly, I used a red L'Oreal polish for the first set and a dark burgundy/pink Nails Inc polish for the second set.

Firstly I went for this Arabesque floral patterned plate*

And then I went for this little detailed necklace and bow plate*


They were also kind enough to send me a dual sided stamper and scraper* as I didn't have one at the time

I've tested these plates out a lot over the past couple of weeks with various different nail varnishes and have had mixed results, you have to use a really opaque nail varnish to ensure that the image/pattern transfers completely, you can buy specific polishes for use with stamping plates which is definitely something I'm considering as I want to buy more plates. I tried out loads of different brands of polish to try and get a good full design transfer and found that L'Oreal, Nails Inc and Ciate nail polishes worked the best for me. Most of the designs work fantastically well with my favourites being the full flower pattern and swirly pattern on the first plate and the necklaces and leaves from the second. I mainly chose the second plate for the bow design but unfortunately I've struggled to get both sides of the design to transfer completely and how found that the smaller fine designs don't transfer as well as the full nail designs. The stamper works perfectly and is super easy to clean between stamping but unfortunaetly I found that the metal scraper scratched the plates a little which is a shame so if you are making an order I would advise getting their plastic scraper (here) as this won't damage the plates.

I used Mavala polish in Jaipur and L'Oreal polish in Rouge Pin Up for this design.

 
I used Mavala Polish in Pacific Blue and L'Oreal polish in Indigo Classique for this deign.



Overall I'm thrilled with how well the plates work and found that after a few attempts they become really quick and easy to use, I've recieved a lot of compliments on my nails whilst wearing the designs and definitely want to try more plates and nail art items from Born Pretty Store.
The lovely people at Born Pretty Store have also given me a 10% off code to share with you lovely readers, so to save 10% on your order please enter MMYW10 at the checkout.

: ]

1 comment:

  1. I'm so bad at nail stamping, I somehow always manage to mess up! x

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...