Wednesday, 16 July 2014

Birchbox- July 2014



This months Birchbox had a Sun, Sea and Sand theme and was packed with 6 products to celebrate summer, so here's what I got:

There's quite a lot of hype around these Vita Coconut drinks but I've never tried one before as I'm not a big fan of coconut but as this is lemon flavoured I'm interested to try it especially as completely fat free, although I do think that £2.29 is too much for a drink.

I wasn't really in need of another body butter but this is nice enough, a light none greasy lotion that sinks in quickly and leaves skin feeling cool and soft, I'm not usually keen on lavender scented products but the lavender isn't too overpowering in this thanks to all the shea butter and organic raspberry butter.

I LOVE a bubble bath so I was thrilled to see one in my box and having tried a few other Gilchrist & Soames products I'm really looking forward to trying this, it has a very fresh smell that evokes visions of the ocean with lemongrass, aloe leaf extract and sea kelp.

This is a thinner more lotion style eye cream than the type I'd pick for myself (Origins Ginzing Eye Cream is currently a fave) it claims to be rich but easily absorb into skin but I found it to be a little greasy and it sat on my skin for a little while but it did leave my skin feeling soft and smooth.The scent is quite strong, sweet and fresh with the main aromas being lemon, witch hazel and rosehip oil, it's quite a nice eye cream so I'll probably take it on holiday with me.

I've received samples of this Weleda shampoo before and didn't really like it as it left my hair feeling quite dry but it does leave my hair smelling lovely like peppermint.

My favourite product in this months box despite the questionable product name (Lip Lube??) is this LAQA & Co lip pen, there were two shades sent out; a coral and a purple I'm so glad I got the purple as I've been wearing a lot of purple on my lips lately. The formulation is soft if a little greasy, it gives a slight tingle when applied thanks to the minty fragrance and it gives a pop of sheer colour that's very wearable. 

Overall I was really pleased with this months box and feel there was a great mix of products, you can sign up to Birchbox here for £10.00 per month (+p&p)

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...