Saturday, 30 August 2014

Birchbox- August 2014


I was quite pleased with my August Birchbox, this months box came with a cute bonus travel cosmetics bag which I forgot to get a proper photo of, as for the others things I got in my box I was happy to see there was a good selection of different kinds of products ranging from make-up, skincare and haircare.

I haven't tried this yet but I've had a couple of other Vasanti products in beauty boxes before and have really liked them so I have high hopes for this especially as it promises brighter clearer skin.

Again I've tried other products from Number 4 in other beauty boxes including their Non Aerosol Hairspray which is fab, this Super Comb Prep & Protect Spray will be really useful to me as the longer my hair gets the more unruly and knotted it gets and at the moment it's pretty long.

I've actually never tried any Dead Sea Spa Magick products but Pete's mom has used lots of their stuff and loves them, this shower gel smells lovely and is the perfect size to take with me to Pete's. 

I don't particularly like BB creams so I didn't pay much attention when CC creams came out and when I opened up these adorably tiny tubes the cream itself looked pretty dark and orange toned so I was pretty skeptical about trying it on my super pale skin. These are self adjusting so they actually weren't too bad and were only slightly darker than I'd usually wear although they were still a little too orange toned for my complexion.



This is just so pretty, Wild About Beauty are a brand I haven't heard of before so I was excited to try this and I was even more delighted when I opened the pot and saw the bumble bee imprint in the eye shadow. I got the shade Aine which is a shimmery light golden brown, it's fairly well pigmented and works nicely all over the lid for a subtle hint of colour. 

As a lifestyle extra this month Birchbox also included a chapter sampler from The Proposal by Tasmina Perry, whilst it's a nice thought I don't read romance novels so this will probably go straight to recycling. 

Overall it was a mixed one this month although I mostly liked the things in my box in terms of the theme 'Away We Go' I feel like there are better things they could have included. 
You can sign up to Birchbox here for £10.00 per month (+p&p).

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...