Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Review: Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner


 


Benefit They're Real! Push Up Liner 

There was a lot of hype around this when it was released back in May, fans of Benefits They're Real! Mascara couldn't wait to get their hands on the new gel liner. I myself don't particularly like They're Real! Mascara I've tried several mini tubes of it which have all left me disappointed so I wasn't overly excited about the release of Benefits new liner especially when I saw its £18.50 price tag. That being said I am a massive fan of gel liners and I use them pretty much everyday so I was interested by the idea of a gel liner in pen form. I decided to save up my Birchbox points and treat myself to They're Real! Push Up Liner when I had £10.00 worth of points meaning it cost me £8.50 which is only slightly more than I would usually pay for my gel liners. 
I eagerly awaited the arrival of my new fancy liner and was quite excited by the time my parcel arrived, the packaging as with all of Benefits products is very pretty and easy to hold. I removed the little orange stopper and started to twist the base to bring the product to the tip, I was a little irritated by the amount of times that I had to twist the end before any product came out I feel like they could have fit quite a bit more liner in the tube.
The liner itself is pretty good it comes out quite opaque and the accuflex tip makes it really easy to get a perfect flick as well as allowing you to get really close to the lash line, it can be a little tricky to twist out just the amount you need and I find that sometimes nothing at all will come out on the first two clicks and then suddenly on the third a huge blob will come out. 
One issue I have is that I find it absolutely terrible on my lower lash line, no matter what I try it just ends up looking clumpy and messy, another problem I've been having is that although it wears well for the first few hours I find that gaps start appearing where it has dried and flaked off, this is especially noticeable on the flick which I sometimes do quite thick so I end up with a little hole in the middle where the liner has come off. 
Overall I'd say this is a decent liner it works really well on the first few uses but after that it does become a little more dry and has a tendency to flake off after a few hours wear especially if you apply it too thickly. I wouldn't buy this full price as I don't think the quality is any better than my usual £7.99 gel liner but I'll definitely get a lot of use out of it.


: ]

1 comment:

  1. I've been tempted to buy this many times, but I'm glad I haven't after reading your review. Good to know you can get equally as good eye liners for a fraction of the price :)

    www.fashiontalegirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...