Monday, 29 September 2014

Birchbox- September 2014



This months Birchbox theme was about nostalgia and the happiest times of our lives, I'm not too sure why they chose this theme and I don't really see how the products fit in with the theme but my September box certainly made me happy. 

Birchbox Happy Days Photo Clip
The one thing that was mildly nostalgic for me in this months box was this cute little photo clip, I remember having a few of these in the 90s in all sorts of hideously bright colours.

ModelCo Lip Lacquer in Viva
I'm not overly keen on lip lacquers as I hate anything sticky on my lips so I wasn't too excited by this although it's quite a pretty colour, a peachy pink tone that's quite pale and wearable but not something I'd pick out for myself.

Korres Citrus Body Milk
I've been wanting to try Korres products for quite a while so I was really pleased to see this in my box, I have built up quite a stash of body lotions but this is a particularly nice body milk which has a sweet lemony scent and absorbs quickly so it's a very welcome arrival to body lotion hoard.

Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream
I have spouted my devotion for Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream many times before but I actually haven't bought it for a while as I've been using Origins Ginzing Eye Cream instead (review here), this was probably the best product in the box in my opinion and I'll use this up in no time.

Urban Fruit Perfect Pineapple
I usually like lifestyle extras in my beauty boxes but unfortunately I hate pineapple so I won't be eating these.

Agave Healing Oil Treatment 
I used to avoid hair oils as I thought they'd make my hair oily and greasy but as my hair has grown longer the ends have gotten much more knotty and dry so I tried out a couple and it has done my hair the world of good. This is a really lovely oil, it leaves my hair feeling smoother and very soft without weighing it down or leaving any residue another, thing I love about hair oils is that they last ages, my hair is nearly down to my elbows now and I only need a little over a 5p sized dollop to cover the lengths of my hair which means even a little sample like this lasts me a good while.

BeautyBlender + BlenderCleanser Solid
I've heard a lot of great things about egg shaped sponges like the BeautyBlender but I've never been overly tempted by them as I get along fine with my brushes that said I am looking forward to trying this and I really like the fact it comes with a solid cleanser. 

So this months box was a total winner in my opinion and I can't wait for next months box. 
You can sign up to Birchbox here for £10.00 per month (+p&p).

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...