Thursday, 30 October 2014

Halloween Nail Art


I haven't done any nail art for ages but with it being Halloween tomorrow I thought I'd spend an afternoon coming up with a few fun designs for spooky nail art, because it's been so long since I had a go at any nail art and because my Models Own Nail Art Pen has seen better days and has gone a bit gloopy these aren't my best designs but I think some of them are quite good for a spooky nail look. 


First up I did a few classic creepy designs, these really would look so much better if my pen wasn't all blobby but in general I think they work, I think my favourite is the green nail with the little eyeballs. 


 
Being a huge lover of horror films I decided to do a few designs based on my some of my favourite horror movies ( I then remembered that I'm not very good at faces but I decided to ignore that and do them anyway ha). So here's who I've tried to replicate in nail art form, from left to right, Jason Voorhees (Friday 13th), generic zombie, Chucky (Childs Play), Micheal Myers (Halloween) and Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare On Elm Street). I think the Jason and the zombie nails worked the best although I do have a soft spot for the Freddy one which turned out more like an adorable muppet than a nightmare inducing seriel killer. 


 I used quite a few nail varnishes so I thought I'd just leave a list of them at the bottom of my post so here's what I used:

Models own Nail Art Pen in Black
Barry M Nail Paint in Black
Barry M Nail Paint in Grey
Barry M Nail Paint in Matt White
Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Radium
Barry M Nail Gelly in Mango
Barry M Nail Gelly in Passion Fruit
Barry M Nail Gelly in Chilli
Barry M Nail Gelly in Paprika
Barry M Nail Gelly in Damson
Barry M Nail Gelly in Almond

If anyone knows any decent not too expensive nail art pens please let me know. 

: ]

1 comment:

  1. These are so creative! The zombie is my favourite :)
    If you like nail art you can get some tools for super cheap on eBay/Amazon, but if you prefer pens, I reviewed a set on my blog not too long ago: http://thriftoclock.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/rio-neon-nail-art-pens-review.html :)
    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...