Sunday, 19 October 2014

Lush Halloween- Sparkler Bath Bomb











It's every Lush fans favourite time of year, their huge range of festive products hit stores at the start of the month and of course I immediately went on an after work splurge and came home with a bag full of exciting new goodies. 
On my first Lush splurge of the season I focused on their Halloween range and I have to say it really has impressed me although I'm pretty devastated that yet again Calacas Shower Jelly hasn't returned but they've appeased me with the reappearance of Lord Of Misrule which I reviewed last year (review here) . 
The first thing I decided to try out was Sparkler Bath Bomb, this comes under the Lush Halloween category although it is more for bonfire night and won't be disappearing after October 31st like the proper Halloween themed products but will supposedly stick around for Christmas. 
Sparkler is a long thin bomb that can easily be broken into two halves if you fancy getting two baths out of it but I found that the scent wasn't overly strong so I just dropped the whole thing in. It started fizzing and spinning around the tub leaving a light foam on the water after quite a while a trail of orangey gold glitter came from the center of the bomb turning the water a pretty deep gold colour. There is a LOT of glitter in this, as you can see it made the water very sparkly and definitely reminded me of the excitement and beauty of a firework display as well as adding a touch of luxury to my bath, it does stick to the bottom of the bath so if you're not a fan of having to rinse out your bath after a soak you may want to avoid this bomb. Sparkler also contains popping candy to add to the firework theme of the bomb but to be honest I found there to be very little in my bomb and what was in it was barely audible so it's kind of an unnecessary addition to the bomb. 
Scent wise this is supposed to share the same scent as the Rose Jam Bubbleroon and Shower Gel with Rose Oil, Egyptian Geranium Oil and Sicilian Lemon Oil but it just isn't strong enough in my opinion and fans of the Bubbleroon and Shower Gel may be a little disappointed. 
Overall I did really like this and loved how sparkly it made the water but it could have done without the popping candy and the scent could maybe be a bit stronger.


: ]

3 comments:

  1. it looks lovely!x

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I my gosh this is so pretty! I need to try it! xx

    Coleoftheball

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good !
    I love Lush's festive range !
    Ive already bought my first bottle of Snow Fairy :)
    Launa x
    Sprinkles & Ink

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...