Friday, 17 October 2014

You Beauty Discovery Box- October 2014


Well You Beauty Discovery just continue to impress me, this month's menu had an impressive array of products including some full sized products from high end brands including Illamasqua. The one issue I find with You Beauty Discovery is that when it comes to beauty products they tend to offer a lucky dip where shades are concerned meaning you're not sure which colour you will receive in your box. Feeling brave, and having been lucky with shades I've gotten in past boxes I chose two beauty products this month both with no allocated shade and I was a tiny bit disappointed this time. As always they also included a couple of extras which all subscribers would have received so I'll start with those. 

Cowshed Anti-Ageing Perfecting Night Serum 
Normally I'd hand over any anti-ageing products to my mother but as this also claims to balance oily skin I'm going to give it a go. I do quite like Cowshed products so I'm hoping this will make a difference to my skin. 

Gold Collagen Forte 
Again this is aimed at improving the appearance of mature skin and unfortunately I have no use for this so I gave to my mom although it doesn't smell too appetizing and it does seem a little bit of a pointless extra as the bottle states you have to drink one a day for 6 weeks to see an improvement to your skin so this probably won't make any difference to your skin. 

My choices

Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Varnish in Apple
I'll be honest I didn't even know Crabtree & Evelyn did nail varnish but being a polish junky I immediately added this to my box. I was pretty open to getting any shade as I already have a pretty varied collection so I was pleased when I opened my box to see a classic deep red as I don't think you can ever have too many pots of red polish. I haven't tried it yet but I have quite high hopes for the quality of this. 

Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Tease
I'm always more hesitant to choose a lipstick when I don't know what shade I'm going to get but I couldn't resist the offer of a full size Illamasqua lipstick which is worth £18.50 on it's own. Unfortunately the shade I got is the opposite of what I'd choose for myself, a peach toned nude that's really opaque I did give it a try but it looked horrible on me, I literally looked like corpse. The quality is fantastic though as I said it's super opaque and felt really creamy and soft when applied so needless to say my mom was delighted with this cast off.  

You can sign up to You Beauty Discovery for £6.95 per month here.

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...