Monday, 3 November 2014

Beauty Calendars for 2014


Beauty Calendars



I'm sure you're all aware of the many incredible beauty calendars on the market for those who'd prefer little beauty treats instead of snowman shaped chocolates to count them down to Christmas, this year beauty companies have really outdone themselves so I thought I'd share with you my picks of the beauty calendars.

Having been super impressed with my monthly subscription to You Beauty Discovery Box I'm very tempted by their beauty calendar which gives you £240 worth of beauty products for just under £50, you get 24 beauty treats from brands including Laura Mercier, Benefit, Rodail, Essie and more.  

The Body Shop's offering is a cute grotto themed calendar with 24 products including items from their latest releases; their new Glazed Apple range, Wild Argan Oil and their Colour Crush Nail Colours, this is also included in their current partnership with War Child whereby any products you buy from their holiday range will enable a child in a country affected by war to attend a class. 
This is a great calendar but I'm a bit less tempted by this one as I don't think there are as many products in it that stand out to me compared to the You Beauty Discovery one.

A 25 day calendar from No7 for a much more reasonable price than the previous two, it has a great mixture of make-up and skincare but again I just don't think I'd use half of the things in it but if you're a big fan of No7 then this is pretty much perfect for the price.

Another seriously tempting one for me is the Ciate Mini Manor, I'm a serious nail varnish hoarder so this is pretty much a dream to me, the packaging is adorable and you get 24 nail varnishes including one full size and there isn't one shade in the calendar that I wouldn't use.

When I first saw this I assumed I'd immediately love it but this one just hasn't wowed me, in this little Sweet Shoppe you get 24 treats leading you up to Christmas however only 18 of these are make-up with the other 6 being hair bands and stationary which seems a bit of a let down as I'd expect them all to be make-up for £60 so I think I'll be giving this one a miss.

The cheapest one of the bunch comes from budget make-up brand W7 which is definitely a better option for those who can't justify the price of one of the more high end calendars but still want a beauty treat each morning to get them feeling festive. With this one you get 24 mini make-up treats including 10 little nail polishes in a nice variety of holiday appropriate colours as well as lipsticks, eyeshadows and more. 

Ok so this isn't a beauty calendar but I had to include it as us beauty lovers also love a good scented candle to accompany our pampering I've also been getting very tempted by the many wonderful scents by Yankee Candle since they opened a shop directly opposite my work. For £21.99 you get a candle everyday for 24 days as well as an extra treat on the 24th, with scents like Christmas Cookie it's the perfect alternative for a chocolate filled advent calendar and I would definitely use all of the pretty little tealights.

I think at the moment I'm torn between the You Beauty Discovery and Yankee Candle Calendars, as much as I would love the You Beauty Discovery one I'm just not sure I can justify spending nearly £50 on an advent calendar.

And if I were sticking to a chocolate advent calendar I'd definitely go for this dark chocolate one from Hotel Chocolat


Are any of you going to be ditching the chocolate for a beauty calendar this year?

: ]


1 comment:

  1. Ooh so many amazing calendars this year - bad as it is, I think the Hotel Chocolat one is my favourite! xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...