Monday, 24 November 2014

Birchbox- November 2014


The theme for this months Birchbox was Cosy At Home, so this box is supposed to help you battle your winter blues and make the most of the time you spend snuggled up at home by the fire, I think half of the things I received fit into the theme but things like the lash extender and the food supplement kind of feel out of place. Nevertheless I was very pleased with what I received in my November box and they're all things I should find a use for.

Dr.Jart+ V7 Turnover Booster
I'm always on the lookout for a serum or facial oil to add to my skincare routine so this came along just at the right time, Dr.Jart+ V7 Turnover Booster aims to boost skins moisture straight after cleansing and optimise the results of the rest of your skin care leaving you with a glowing complexion. You just add a couple of drops to your face before using your toner and massage it in, I've been using it everyday since I got my box and I have found my skin looks and feels a lot calmer and more balanced, it's moisturised the dry areas of my face without leaving the oily parts feeling greasy. I was so impressed by this I had a look at the other Dr.Jart+ products available on the Birchbox website and ordered myself one of their cleansers as I'm getting low on my La Roche Posay Effaclar cleanser. Best of all this is a full size product which is worth £32.00 on it's own so the value of my November box is much much more than the £12.95 it cost me.

Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Hair Mask
This smells absolutely amazing honestly I love the scent, as my hair has gotten rather long I've taken to using a hair mask at least once a week to keep the lengths of my hair in good condition and stop it drying out in the cold winter air. I haven't tried this yet but I've tried a couple of other Beauty Protector products and have loved them so I have high hopes for this, it looks super thick and creamy in the tub and smells deliciously sweet thanks to the honey and argan oil so I'm really glad they included two tubs of it in the box so I can test it out properly.

Jane Iredale Purelash Lash Extender & Conditioner
I have a few similar products like this that I haven't tried as they have fiddly applicators so I like the fact this comes with a standard mascara brush applicator, you just brush it on and whilst it's still wet you apply your mascara, I haven't used it yet but it's definitely something I'm going to try as I'm always after longer lashes.

OPI A Grape Affair Nail Lacquer
I was thrilled to see a full size OPI polish in my box this month and it's such a pretty colour, Birchbox has three shades from the Coca-Cola collection in their November boxes the other two being a bright red and a silver so I was really happy to receive the purple as I don't have a lot of purple nail polishes in my stash, It's actually a much darker plum colour than my photo suggests and is a lovely shade for winter.

Drinkwel Vegetarian Capsules
I'm not too sure about these, I'm not really into supplements but I do tend to drink quite a bit over Christmas so I could probably do with these as they are aimed at people who drink. The idea is you take one of these with water before you go to sleep after a night out and it's supposed to help you re-energise and basically get over your hangover a little faster 

Weleda Sea Buckthorn Body Oil
I now own three different products from Weleda's Sea Buckthorn range thanks to various beauty boxes and I'll be honest I'm really not keen on the scent, I think perhaps I'll use this more than the hand and body moisturisers I have as I love body oils in the winter after a nice hot shower but overall this wasn't a winner for me.

You can join Birchbox here for £10.00 per month (+p&p).

: ]

2 comments:

  1. Love the colour of the OPI nail varnish! perfect for winter too xx

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This box looks nice. Really like that OPI nail polish shade.

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...