Monday, 29 December 2014

Birchbox- December 2014


Let's start this post by acknowledging how pretty this months Birchbox is, I tend to keep a lot of my Birchbox's for storing bits and bobs in so I really love it when they change up they're usual brown boxes for more colourful or patterned designs and this has to be my favourite yet. 
The contents of my December box was also pretty great with a nice mixture of make-up, skincare and haircare, this was definitely my favourite beauty box this month as I'll use all of the items in my box.

I'm a big fan of Models Own nail polish and I already have two of the Velvet Goth polishes, Absinthe and Sardonyx, so I was really pleased to see this it's a really pretty colour and I love the matte finish of it but I do find that because you don't put a topcoat over these they do tend to chip a little more easily than regular polish.

I've used High Beam many times before and it's a great little highlighter, it gives a soft pink sheen that adds a little dimension to your cheekbones, brow bone or anywhere you choose to apply it, I love the fact this came in a little cracker which gave the box an added Christmassy feel. 

I've had a few Eyeko eye liners in previous beauty boxes and honestly have never been wowed by them and I'm not a huge fan of this type of eye product I usually find that with a crayon/pen eyeshadow or liner it can be hard to get them to apply smoothly and the colour usually creases after a couple of hours. That being said it is very wearable shade, Smoke is exactly like it sounds a dark metallic grey that is easy to blend, I'm not massively keen on creamy eye shadows but this is fairly smooth and it's easy to build up the opacity depending on what kind of look you're going for. 

I've never tried Electric Hair products before but this is a nice little shampoo sample, it smells lovely, fresh and lathers up really easily, It made my hair feel very soft but I don't think I'd shell out £17.50 for it.

I do love a good face mask and I love trying new ones, Ilcsi are a brand I've never heard of before but this sounds great it has rose petals and rose oil to tighten and smooth out skin which is especially good for those with large pores which is definitely something that bothers me about my skin, it also smell fantastic.

Another skincare product from a brand I've not tried before, this face scrub promises brighter unclogged skin whilst also being suitable for sensitive skin, I gave it a go this morning and it is surprisingly gentle making it perfect for a morning cleanse, I didn't find it overly moisturising and I think I prefer Lush's Bûche de Noël at the moment as it gently scrubs my skin whilst also deeply nourishing it and leaving it feeling super soft.

Normally I'm not too fussed by the lifestyle extras in my beauty boxes but I actually really like this purse, I love the colour and print combo and I'll definitely find a use for this in my bag.

You can sign up to Birchbox for £10.00 per month +p&p here.

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...