Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Birchbox- January 2015



Well my January Birchbox was very much hit and miss, I was very pleased to see the REN and Phillip Kingsley bits but the rest of the box just didn't wow me although I guess they all fit in with this months partnership with Womens Health.

Stila Lip Glaze in Gleam
This is a lovely sparkly nude gloss from Stila but unfortunately it's just not my kind of lip product, I hate anything that feels sticky or thick both of which this does, it also has a very sugary sweet scent thats just a bit strong for me. I'm sure most subscribers will feel pretty pleased to find this in their box but it's just not for me.

Healgel Intensive
I'll be honest I'm a little confused by this, it says to apply it to areas of concern two to three times a day avoiding unbroken skin but it can also be used as a make-up primer, I feel it's a bit too watery for me to use it as a primer but I'll probably use this in the evening once I've taken my make-up off to add a bit of extra moisture to any dry bits on my face.

REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Probably the best thing in my January box, a nice little brightening face mask from REN which promises to remove impurities and leave you with a radiant complexion, this is exactly the type of mask I'd go out and buy for myself and I have been bookmarking a few things from REN in the past few months so I'm looking forward to trying this.

Activbod Cooling Finish Lotion
As much as I intend to exercise it never seems to happen so I haven't had chance to try this yet and it's definitely not the kind of product I'd go out and buy myself but I'll probably find a use for this if I ever get off my lazy bum.

Phillip Kingsley Body Building Conditioner
The other winner in my January box is this Phillip Kingsley conditioner, I love the Elasticizer and have been meaning to try some of their other products so I was delighted to see this and I'm always after more volume for my hair so I can't wait to use this.

Embrace Matcha Green Tea
I love tea but I'm not big on green tea but I'm willing to give this a go as it's supposed to be super healthy.

Birchbox & Women's Health Exclusive Pilates Band
A nice little extra to finish off the health themed box and I've promised myself I'll try to use this at least once a week to do some sort of exercise.

So yeah a hit and miss for me this month but as I'm usually pretty pleased with my boxes I'm still looking forward to my February box, you can sign up to Birchbox here for £10 per month +p&p.

: ]

1 comment:

  1. The stila lip glaze looks like a lovely colour, I hate lip products that feel too thick or sticky too though! X

    http://atypicalenglishrose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...