Tuesday, 17 February 2015

MAC Matte Lipstick in Heroine





So my love affair with purple lipstick inevitably lead to me purchasing MAC's infamous Heroine lipstick a couple of months ago and I thought I'd share my thoughts about it. First off I have to acknowledge the price which as it's a MAC product is higher than I would usually pay for a lipstick at £15.50 but I actually ordered it from Debenhams when they had one day deal where all MAC lipstick were £5 off so I didn't feel as bad. 
Heroine is a bright true cool toned purple not for the faint hearted, it applies a little brighter than it appears in the bullet and the opacity is fab, I find that as it has a matte finish it doesn't tend to transfer a lot and it lasts for a good while. Unfortunately I do find that it drags a little when applied and so I haven't worn it a lot recently as my lips have been quite dry but I wear it occasionally if I'm going out in the evening and if I prep my lips with a balm before I do my make-up it applies much more smoothly. 
Heroine is a beautiful stand out shade and it is definitely a high quality lipstick which has made me want to try other MAC shades but I do feel they are too expensive and I would only buy myself a MAC lipstick as a treat. I would much rather pick up two shades from Topshop's lipstick range for nearly the same price, but at the moment I currently own all the shades I'd like from Topshop.

 

Please feel free to recommend any MAC shades which you think would suit a very pale redhead

: ]

2 comments:

  1. Wow this lipstick looks amazing, I don’t think I could ever pull it off though. I love Rebel though as it’s bright without being too overpowering :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one amazing colour! I hate how expensive MAC lipsticks have got though (not that they were cheap to start with!)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...