Thursday, 19 February 2015

Topshop Mono Eyeshadows in Galaxy and Explorer


If you're a regular reader of my blog you will be aware of my love for Topshop's lipsticks so when I was checking through their new arrivals and saw they'd brought out a few new very pretty eye shadows I knew I'd be buying at least one. As I've said before I never go by the shade descriptions and pictures on Topshop's websites as I find they often differ from the products in the shops so I popped into store to see the shades up close and of course I bought a couple. 

On Topshop's website Galaxy appears to be an orange toned gold but it's actually a pale true gold which when applied is surprisingly pale and creamy toned, it's great for times when you just want a light wash of shimmer or as a highlight on the inner corner of your eye to compliment a darker colour on the rest of your lid. I'll admit I haven't used this shade too much as I find that it looks quite cool toned on my pale skin which I don't find overly flattering in the harsh lights of Debenhams but I'll probably wear it more in the summer when I'm able to get out and about more.

This was the shade I most wanted to get my hands, Explorer, which according to Topshop's website is a dark brown but appears to be a deep red in the product image, it's actually a warm red toned brown it's not particularly dark although the shade can be easily built up if you're after something a bit darker. I just absolutely love this shade it's become one of my go to eye shadows over the past month, I like to wear this alone or sometimes I add a darker shade just to the outer corner and crease like Hustle or Darkhorse from my Naked palette.


These eyeshadows are £5 each which I think is great value, the pigmentation is great and easy to build up, they have a really soft velvety feel with little fallout when applied and they stay put throughout the day. Topshop brought out two other shades with these two, Lunar which is a very dark brown which I'm tempted to pick up and Interstellar which is a cool toned taupe which doesn't really appeal to me.

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...