Monday, 30 March 2015

Current Skincare Favourites- Vichy, Dr.Jart+, Lush and St.Ives


Current favourite skincare vichy, lush, dr.jart+, St.Ives, product review,

I haven't done a favourites post in what seems like forever so I felt it was time to share with your the skincare products I've been reaching for most recently.

Let's start with the Dr.Jart+ V7 Turnover Booster, I got this in a Birchbox back in November and I've been using it pretty much every night since, you only need to use about two pumps so it's lasted really well and I'm only just running out of it. The V7 Turnover Booster aims to boost skin's moisture straight after cleansing and optimise the results of the rest of your skin care leaving you with a glowing complexion so I pop this on before using my toner and I have found that my skin has been a bit calmer and balanced. This is £32.00 which is definitely more than I usually spend on skincare and I don't think I'll repurchase this when it's run out as I don't feel my skin needs the extra moisture I get from this right now but I'll definitely be buying it towards the end of the year when skin's more dry.

The St.Ives Apricot Blemish Control Scrub is something I bought on a whim as I'd run out of my Una Brennan exfoliator and was a bit too skint to afford anything fancy but I'm really loving it. This was the first item of skincare I ever tried and I can remember my mom buying it for me along with some sort of tea tree toner from The Body Shop, as soon as I used this it made me feel really nostalgic. Nostalgia aside this is a really great scrub, it's quite gritty and you have to be quite thorough to make sure you get all the little bits off your face and hairline so I usually use this in the shower, the smell is lovely really fresh and uplifting and best of all it's only £3.99 which is such a bargain.

The Vichy Normaderm Night Detox has fast become a HG product for me, I just absolutely love it, I was on the hunt for a new night time moisturiser and wanted to try something different so I wandered over to the Vichy section of Boots and decided on this little beauty. It smells fantastic like fresh apples and it absorbs into my skin super fast, I really noticed a difference in my skin once I started using this it just feels healthier, my complexion looks a lot clearer and it gives me just the right amount of hydration for my combination skin. Vichy give some pretty big claims about this stating that after using this; sebum production is controlled, imperfections appear reduced, pores are tightened and you're left with a radiant complexion. I have found nearly all of these to be true and I have especially noticed that my complexion is much more clear when I'm using this but it hasn't really made any difference to my pores which are quite prominent but I might try the Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner to combat this issue.

Another product from Dr.Jart+ which I have been using pretty much everyday is the Dr.Jart+ V7 Cleansing Foam  I reviewed this last month so I won't waffle on about it as you can read my full review here. This cleanser is just lovely to use it has such a light creamy texture whilst being tough enough to thoroughly cleanse my skin and leave it really soft.

Lastly we have an old favourite Lush Tea Tree Toner Water, I first tried this 3 years ago and it's something I always find myself going to back to, I particularly like to use this in the summer as it really cools down my skin. This is stocked full of tea tree water which is anti-bacterial to keep bacteria building up, grapefruit which is lightly astringent on the skin and juniperberry which is antiseptic to keep skin fresh and clear. I love using this it makes my skin feel extra clean and refreshed but the one thing that lets it down is the bottle, I used to take this to Pete's each weekend and no matter how I packed it into my overnight bag it always leaked which has lead to me purchasing a separate bottle to keep at his permanently. The spray bottle also sprays a bit over zealously which means no matter how close I put the cotton wool to the nozzle I feel like I'm losing a lot of the water, I really do love this toner but when it's gone I will be going back to The Body Shops Seaweed Toner which I recently bought during a 40% off promotion.

What are your current skincare must haves? 

: ]




1 comment:

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...