Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Lush Mothers Day 2015- Mother Superior Bubble Bar



I normally enjoy Lush's whimsically shaped products but I really don't see much of a resemblance between this bubble bar and a nun, I think maybe they needed to make the face a little better pronounced but that's just my opinion. I wasn't too keen on Mother Superior when I picked one up along with a bunch of other Mothers Day products in Lush and it was the one I was least looking forward to trying. 
Firstly the scent is very floral and powdery, Mother Superior is packed with Sicilian lemon oil, mimosa absolute, jasmine absolute and orange blossom absolute upon first sniff the mimosa and jasmine are the strongest tones with just a hint of the lemon which adds a nearly sherbetty sweet edge. This isn't the kind of scent I usually like and out of the water I was sure I would hate it but once I'd crumbled some into the tub it was actually very relaxing and not overly strong. This was actually really hard to break up and I had to get my brother to break a piece off for me because it was so solid but once I'd managed to get a decent amount into the water it created loads of bubbles which lasted the majority of my soak it also turned the water a pleasant sea blue.
Overall I was surprised to find that I really enjoyed using Mother Superior and the scent really does work for a mother's day gift as its feminine and relaxing, but I wouldn't rush out to buy another. 


: ]

1 comment:

  1. I do think that this looks a little weird, but the scent sounds love as this is the kind of scent I love :) The bath looks lovely and it has created loads of bubbles, fab review :)

    Charlee XO | CharmedCharlee

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...