Monday, 2 March 2015

NOTD: Rough Waves



I used:
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Coconut
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Blue Grape
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Guava
Barry M Gelly Nail Paint in Damson
Models Own Hypergel Topcoat

I've been meaning to get myself some cheap paint brushes to try something new with my nail varnish and luckily we just had The Works open up right next to Debenhams so I popped in one day after work and picked up a pack of 4 fine tipped bushes for about £2.99. I just tried something basic to start with, I painted a base of Coconut and then used a couple of brushes to roughly paint on stripes of the blues until they ended up sort of blended like a watercolour effect. I used Coconut again to paint down from the tips of the nails to give the final look which I think looks sort of like the waves on the sea, I really like the final look it's quite rough and ready but I think it works although I'd try to use fewer coats next time as it was a bit thick by the time I was done blending the different shades.


: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...