Sunday, 12 April 2015

Life Lately + Our Trip To Chester


Pete and I spent a little weekend away in Chester for our anniversary (7 years in case you were wondering) I actually took a couple of mini trips to Chester last year and loved it which is why we decided to go again. We stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel which is just lovely I stayed there last year for a few nights with Beth and I had the most wonderful massage in their spa, thier beds are absolutely massive and very comfy. I really appreciate it when hotels take extra care with the little touches like the little This Works mini sleep kit left on the pillow along with tips on how to get the best nights sleep we also got to have a late check out meaning we didn't have to leave until 2pm which was wonderful. Of course we couldn't go to Chester without doing a bit of shopping the first place I headed was Space.NK to swoon over the many shelves of beauty products and make a little purchase, then onto Boots for more beauty related purchases. Pete didn't know what to get me for our anniversary so he treated me to a few little bits from Lush, some Rooibos tea and Ozzy Osbourne's book. I'll be honest the main reason we went to Chester was to go to Hickory's Smokehouse, we went last year and ended up going twice in one weekend because it is just amazing, we were planning on going for Valentines day but they were fully booked so we prebooked our table for our anniversary a month in advance as it books up super quick. We had pulled pork nachos to start and I had a giant burger for main (yeah I ate the whole thing) along with a few cocktails my favourite was Red Stag bourbon with coke and whipped cream followed by falling into several pubs on the walk back to the hotel. On the Sunday we had a relaxing day walking around the town and we popped into Mad Hatters for Chai tea and cupcakes which were delicious.
I loved our weekend in Chester and I loved staying at the Crowne Plaza, I'm hoping to spend a few days in August there with my mom as I didn't get a chance to take advantage of the spa this time or visit the zoo and I definitely feel like their is much more shopping to be done. 

Other than Chester I haven't been up to all that much unless you count going back and forth to the doctors trying to sort out my anxiety. I did find a wonderful vintage and antiques shop near me which is basically a huge shed filled with lots of different little stores/units I picked up some wonderful things and I'm planning on taking Pete with me soon. I've been adding lots of new items to my wardrobe recently my favourites being the amazing Bart Simpsons fine knit jumper from H&M which I have been wearing loads as it's super soft and awesome, I also ordered myself the Ozzy Osbourne shirt on eBay which I have been living in. 
Comic Con was at the end of March and of course I made it my mission to wangle a Saturday shift that would still allow me to go I had a few hours in lieu so I worked 7am to 10am and was in Birmingham for 1. I was super tired but it was so worth it I picked up some awesome things, saw some amazing costumes and gawked at Warwick Davis and Colm Meaney for an uncomfortable length of time. 
Lastly I went for a spot of lunch with Beth and Freya on Friday to a wonderful place called Gluttons I had a Kinder Bueno milkshake, a panini and a big slab of carrot cake I was absolutely stuffed but everything was delicious and we'll definitely be going back soon, it was so lovely to sit and have a proper catch up. 

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...