Friday, 24 April 2015

Lush- You Snap The Whip Body Butter


Lush review- You Snap The Whip Body Butter Scrub

After running out of my latest Soap & Glory scrub I popped to Lush with the intention of picking up my beloved Aqua Mirabilis but I hadn't used You Snap The Whip in a while and it smells so wonderful and fruity I got that instead.  I used this a couple of years ago and really liked it but this time I just can't get on with it.
I'll start with the positives, I adore the smell of this it shares the same scent as The Comforter and Sweetie Pie both of which are favourites of mine, it smells like blackcurrant sweeties and is filled  with bergamot oil, cassis absolute and cypress oil, it's such an uplifting summery scent.
Now onto the bad points using this will leave your bath/shower looking like a Jackson Pollock painting there are literally grey splatters everywhere when I've used this, they do rinse away easily but it's still not ideal. 
I like a good thorough exfoliator but this is just too harsh for me, it has both pumice and powdered charcoal in it and no matter how gently I try to use it I am left with scratches on my skin, it feels like I'm washing with sandpaper which is just not very relaxing. I'm not sure whether Lush have changed this since the last time I've used it because I don't remember the last one I had actually leaving long scratches up my arms but it's safe to say I won't be repurchasing this when it's run out. I'll stick to Aqua Mirabilis which is much more gentle and leaves my skin feeling super soft and if I'm craving that beautiful blackcurrant scent I have a tub of Sweetie Pie shower jelly stashed away.

: ]

1 comment:

  1. This looks interesting, but I don't fancy the scratches! lol Love the shower jellies aswell, they're lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...