Tuesday, 28 April 2015

Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil in Mahogany Red



It's really not that easy to find a good eye brow pencil when you're a redhead, most high street brands only offer shades to suit those with blonde or brown hair, I normally go for blonde shades as my eyebrows are pretty much naturally white but it never quite looks right. So when I saw this one from Maybelline in the shade mahogany red I snapped it up immediately, as you can see from the swatches this pencil is quite gingery toned and it does near enough match my natural hair colour which is great but in terms of the product itself I have mixed feelings towards it. 
Let's start with the pencil end which is your basic twist up lead, I find the nib is just the right width to give me a natural looking brow and the pigmentation is perfect but you have to be careful to only twist out a tiny bit otherwise it has a habit of snapping which mine did a lot. 
The other end of the pencil contains a powder in the same shade which a sponge applicator which allows you to build up a denser colour on the thicker end of your brows . I wasn't all that impressed by this side of the pencil, again the colour is perfect but it tends to blur the edges of my brows which if you want a nice sharp line isn't ideal. One thing that really irritates me about this is that the packaging on the powder end is awful, whenever I use it all the black comes off the lid for the powder and goes all over my fingers so much so that that end of the pencil is now completely see through.
I used up the pencil part of this brow liner really quickly and now I'm left with just the powder which is a bit irritating. I can't fault the shade as its the best one I've come across for redheads but I'd like it much more if they lowered the price and got rid of the powder side. So the hunt for a good brow pencil continues.

Don't forget to check out my blog sale here for lots of beauty bargains.

: ]

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely, thanks for sharing! :)

    I have a new post on the blog, would love to know your thoughts:

    * Electric Sunrise - Fashion and Lifestyle Blog *

    x

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...