Sunday, 17 May 2015

Birchbox- May 2015


Birchbox- May 2015
Birchbox- May 2015
This months Birchbox was an absolute winner for me I love the fact you can colour in the box although I haven't gotten around to colouring mine in yet as I've had lots of overtime at work and subscribers got to choose their own WAH London product for the May box and I went for the nail art pen which made me even more excited than usual to get my Birchbox.

Birchbox included some cute little colouring pencils for you to use to fill in the lid of your box but I much prefer to use pens so I will be using my Letraset Promarkers to colour it in instead.

Birchbox Number 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Reconstructing Masque
I've decided to start using a hair mask at least once a fortnight as I'm currently growing my hair again, I got it cut about 2 months ago and hated it I've really struggled to style it and consequently I've been using my straighteners a lot which obviously isn't great for my hair so this reconstructing mask has come at the perfect time. 

Birchbox WAH London Nail Art Pen in Orange
I was really excited to see which shade I would get in my nail art pen, I was kind of expecting a black or pink shade so I was quite surprised to see the super bright sunny orange, it's not the kind of shade I would pick for myself but I absolutely love it. I haven't had time to try it so I can't comment on the formula but the shade is absolutely perfect for the summer.

Birchbox RMK Point Make Up Remover
I've been thinking about picking up a product like this for a while as I'm getting really fed up of having to use face wipes to get all my eye makeup off every night and this promises to be nice and gentle on the eye area whilst being tough enough to get off even waterproof mascara so I can't wait to try it.

Birchbox Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Tinted Moisturiser
I tried Caudalie's Vinoperfect Radiance Serum which I got in another beauty box a little while ago and it did make me break out so I'm kind of reluctant to try this but I do like the idea of using a tinted moisturiser on days when I don't want to wear anything too heavy on my skin. The shade is a little darker than I would pick out for myself but it's quite a light coverage product so I'm hoping it will apply a bit more sheer than it looks. 

Birchbox PARLOR by Jeff Chastain Moisturising Sea Salt Spray
I love using salt sprays in the summer and adore the undone beachy look when it comes to my hair so I was very pleased to see this in my box and I was even more pleased when I read the word 'moisturising' as my only issue with sea salt sprays is that they tend to dry out the ends of my hair. This salt spray contains sweet almond extract to soften hair and add shine which pretty much sounds like the perfect mix of everything I want out of styling spray. I did just treat myself to the Kerastase Spray À Porter which I have been loving so I think I'll keep the PARLOR spray at Pete's house for the weekends.

Birchbox Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rougein New York
I'm not too sure about this one, I like the packaging and the shade is the perfect bold red but I tried it last weekend and I'm not overly keen on the formula, it dragged a bit when applying and I found that for at least two hours after applying it transferred onto everything so it wasn't the ideal lip product to wear for a trip to the pub. I like the shade but I found it sat quite stark against my pale complexion which is a shame as I normally love bold lip colours. 

You can sign up to Birchbox here for £10 +p&p per month.

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...