Monday, 4 May 2015

Current Makeup Must Haves


I haven't shared a make-up favourites post in absolutely ages so I thought it was about time I shared with you what I've been reaching for most over the past month.
Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow in Diamond Dog
Very much a spur of the moment purchase, Diamond Dog is a beautiful sparkly brown you can apply it lightly for a gentle shimmer or build up the colour for a very pretty wash of brown that has silver shimmer running through it. Full review coming soon.
Real Techniques 201 Pointed Crease Brush
When the new Real Techniques Bold Metals brushes came out I immediately popped into Boots to check them out and whilst they are all very beautiful I refrained from splurging and picked up just one brush. I went for the 201 Pointed Crease brush which has densely packed tapered bristles perfect for creating a smokey eye, I've used it a lot and I've been really impressed with it, I mostly use it to apply a darker shade to my crease it gives a really soft edge and makes blending super easy.
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner
Ever since my all time favourite eyeliner L'Oreal's Gel Liner Intenza disappeared from Boots and Superdrug I've been on the hunt for one to replace it, I tried a fair few high street gel liners but nothing was as good as the L'Oreal one so I headed to the make-up counters at work and ended up picking up the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner. I've been using it for about a month and so far I've been quite impressed with it, it's pretty similar to the L'oreal one, really nice and opaque, it glides on smoothly and it's really easy to get the perfect flick. Full review coming soon.
Sleek Blusher in Rose Gold
My all time favourite blusher is Benefits Rockateur but I wanted something a little cheaper for day to day use and I'd heard some great things about Sleek blushers, I did go for Rose Gold which is pretty similar to Rockateur a bright rosy shade with a golden shimmer to it which is perfect for summer. Rose Gold is quite heavy on the sparkle and I do find it can look a bit too golden in certain lights for my skin tone but other than that it's been a great everyday blusher.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Wild Orchid
I've raved about another one of Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipsticks on here before Cherries In The Snow has been a favourite for ages but I'd never really looked at any of their other shades until recently. I picked up Wild Orchid as a little treat after a particularly hideous shift and it's fast become my go to shade for work, a bright shimmery magenta with hints of blue when the light hits it, it's bright without being too in your face. I love how smoothly this lipstick applies the formula is soft and very moisturising, it's quite well pigmented and lasts well on my lips, when it does fade it leaves behind a stain of the colour.
L'Oreal Glam Matte Lipgloss in Cherry Crop 
I never buy lipgloss's as I hate anything sticky on my lips but during an after work mooch through Boots the Glam Matte ones caught my eye, they have a liquid lipstick type texture and the colour payoff is fantastic. I have the shade Cherry Crop which is a beautiful bright cherry pink, the colour lasts on my lips for ages but it does transfer onto glasses and things quite a lot after you've applied it.
Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer 
I normally go for primers with a more silky matte texture but I bought the Topshop matte primer and really haven't got on with it so I thought I'd try something a little different. The Facefinity primer has a more lotion type texture and doesn't give a silky type coating to my skin like my usual primers instead it gives a soft matte feel and I find my foundation applies more evenly across my skin when I use this. It feels a lot lighter than other primers I've tried but it still holds my make-up in place all day long I also appreciate the fact that is has SPF 20 as I burn incredibly easily in the summer. 
Diorskin Forever Foundation in 010
This has become my absolute holy grail foundation, I really struggle to find a foundation that matches my skin tone as most of the drugstore brands I've tried don't do a shade pale enough for me and the palest shades are normally yellow based which doesn't suit me. So I headed to the beauty counters to see if any of them did anything pink based and pale enough me and the Diorskin Forever in shade 010 is literally perfect, I just bought my third bottle and I won't be buying any other foundation, as well as being the perfect shade the coverage is great and it never feels heavy or drying. 

Well that post ended up being way longer than I intended so well done if you read it all. 

What have you been loving recently?

: ]


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...