Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Makeup Revolution Mini Haul


 Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Flashing, Crime & Mystify Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Flashing, Mystify, Crime Swatches
I made a little order from Superdrug as they had 3 for 2 on all the makeup, I've really been trying not to spend but I couldn't resist getting myself a few little bargains from Makeup Revolution. I bought myself three lipsticks for a whole £2, now I've bought myself one of their lipsticks before and really didn't get on with it I found the formula a bit greasy and it didn't apply very evenly but as I usually love Makeup Revolution products I thought I'd give them another go. I went for some really summery shades and the formula of these is much better than the other one I own which was one of their Vampy shades.

 Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Flashing Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Flashing Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Flashing Swatch
This is definitely a Barbie pink it applies much more pale than it appears in the bullet and it's not a shade I'll wear too often as I think it makes me look a bit washed out but on days when I've gone for a more natural eye look this is great for a pop of colour.

Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in CrimeMakeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in Crime
Makeup Revolution Scandalous Lipstick in Crime Swatch
A bright vivid pink that almost leans towards purple and my favourite out of the three it's a fairly bold shade and I absolutely love it, it applies really smoothly with quite a glossy finish unfortunately the staying power isn't all that great but for £1 I can't really complain. 

Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in MystifyMakeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Mystify
Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Mystify Swatch
A coral toned peach I find the formula of this one a bit more dry and it tends to drag when I apply it highlighting any dry bits on my lips so I think I'll have to prep my lips with a balm before wearing this. It has quite a pearly finish and has a definite coral tone to it, this isn't the type of shade I would normally go for but I think it's a perfect shade for summer. 

Makeup Revolution Pro E102 Eyeshadow Contour BrushMakeup Revolution Pro E102 Eyeshadow Contour Brush
I also picked up one of their eyeshadow brushes for £1.95 which is an absolute bargain, as the name suggests I've been using this to blend darker shades around the outer crease of my eyes and it really is great for blending I sometimes use this to blend a lighter shade all over my lids as well. It doesn't pick up quite as much shadow as I would like but it's great for creating a nice soft edge if you're after a more natural look.

I've really been loving Makeup Revolution recently and have made another (rather large) order over the weekend which I'm hoping should arrive tomorrow so expect another haul post very soon.

: ]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you lovely people write me and they honestly brighten my day, I do try to respond to any questions posted in comments but if you want a more detailed response don't hesitate to send me an e-mail.
: ]

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...